Rightfoot is tackling the largest untapped opportunity in fintech — consumer debt, a $14.5+ trillion dollar problem. Backed by Bain Capital Ventures and founders and operators from successful fintech companies like Plaid, Venmo, and Marqeta — we are uniquely positioned to develop APIs that make it possible to integrate debt repayment into any product. Currently, our sights are set on addressing the $1.7 trillion student debt crisis.
Why are debt payments hard?
Debt accounts are not routable entities like bank accounts. The use cases we bring to life require the development of novel payment rails. We integrate directly with loan servicers whose backends were built in the 1970s to standardize and streamline debt payments.
What’s the societal impact?
Women hold two thirds of all student debt (>$1T) despite near equal graduation rates. Systemic racism has led to historically underrepresented groups holding 30%+ more debt than their peers. Rightfoot is enabling life changing technology for millions of people.
This is an incredible opportunity to join a well funded, well supported, and early stage company tackling a massively underserved market. Join Rightfoot as a thought leader, and come make an impact on a multi-trillion dollar problem!
About the Role
As our first sales hire you’ll collaborate closely with the CEO, wearing many hats such as need finder, lead sourcer, process builder, data gatherer, hypothesis tester, lead qualifier, and relationship builder. In this high impact role, you’ll develop strategies to engage and conduct meetings with leaders at companies ranging from tech startups to the biggest financial institutions in the US.
You will be treated as a thought partner on a fast growing team, building out the scalable foundations of our sales organization. You will help generate and close new opportunities, drive company growth, and offload key sales activities from the CEO to free up her time. You’ll be a business development generalist, taking over outreach, meetings, and other value-driving activities. You’ll serve as the first line of contact for prospects, communicating our value proposition and qualifying new leads.
This is not your traditional enterprise sales role. We are screening for thoughtful, creative candidates who can understand and identify blockers, use reasoning to adjust messaging, test the results, and share findings with the larger team to help influence product roadmap. You will meet frequently with decision makers, and share insights based on your findings. You’ll collaborate on channel strategy, research prospects, and develop partnerships with top fintechs. You’ll design, iterate on, and execute new approaches to reach our target customer, including case studies, collateral, campaigns, and more.
Some Things that Might Make You a Great Fit
- 4+ years of experience in business development at an early stage fintech or tech company
- A strong grasp of APIs, and how to communicate their value to potential clients
- A never-ending curiosity that drives data analysis: you’ll help research, discover, synthesize, model and analyze data to drive your decision-making
- Experience developing pipelines, Go To Market plans, building and assessing customer funnels, adapting product demos, and creating processes for scaling and hiring
- Experience working with CRMs like Pipedrive
- A self-starter mentality and the ability to work autonomously
- A highly organized nature, with the ability to track, manage, grow, and communicate pipeline status with a data driven approach to the wider team
- An entrepreneurial mindset with the drive and enthusiasm to carry out our mission
Bonus Points if You've Got
- Experience selling APIs and developing Go To Market plans for an API company
- Experience working at a startup or similar work environment with limited resources
- Prior experience running A/B tests, and taking a data-driven approach to sales
- Experience taking measured risks, and failing
- A remote first work environment, with quarterly in person strategy off-sites to fun locations of the team’s choosing
- Large impact on a fast growing team
- Equity in a fast growing startup
- Paid medical, dental, vision insurance
- Student debt company contributions
- 401k plan
- 12 weeks maternity and paternity leave
- Unlimited vacation days (and we require and encourage you to take it)
- A fun, quirky, and kind team
Apply to this job