Who we are:
Join Embark on our mission to improve the life and longevity of dogs everywhere. Our canine DNA test — the highest-rated, most accurate on the market — enables us to make scientific advances in personalized pet care. Recently named one of the fastest-growing private companies in America by Inc. Magazine, Embark is the only canine genetics company using research-grade technology, which allows us to make new scientific discoveries.
Designed by world leaders in dog genetics in partnership with Cornell University, the Embark Dog DNA Test provides information on genetic health risks and breed make-up, allowing dog owners, breeders, and veterinarians to make personalized care plans based on a dog's unique genetic profile. Embark is also home to the world’s only canine DNA relative finder. No wonder The New York Times recently called Embark’s Breed and Health Kit the best dog DNA test available!
Interested in joining our pack? We are looking for highly motivated and mission-driven employees who will join us as Embark leads the cutting edge of creativity and innovation in the fast-growing consumer genetics space.
About the role:
Embark is seeking a content creator to join our marketing team to showcase our scientists’ groundbreaking discoveries and help dog owners everywhere learn how to best care for their pets. This writer will work closely with our science and product teams to create engaging and educational long-form content for dog owners, breeders, and veterinarians. Millions of dog owners will see your content on our site, in the press and media, and in their journey as Embark customers.
The ideal candidate is familiar with SEO best practices and is at home covering highly technical genetic research for a general audience. They should have a proven track record of developing and editing content and will possess excellent communication and organizational skills.
What you’ll do:
- Work with scientists and veterinarians to ideate, research, and write content about science, dog care, and Embark’s products. This content could manifest as long-form blog posts, product or email journeys, guest content for other sites, press releases, infographics, and more.
- Edit content to ensure grammatical accuracy, AP style, message clarity, and a consistent voice throughout all content.
- Conduct keyword and SEO research to generate high-value content that will drive traffic to Embark’s website.
- Work with product and marketing managers to shape and create content for products that will delight and help consumers.
- Understand and translate Embark’s brand and style guidelines into content.
- Conduct research, analyze trends to formulate ideas, support writing, and turn data into digestible content.
- Meet aggressive deadlines at a fast-moving tech start-up.
What experience we’re looking for:
- Has successfully worked collaboratively across an organization.
- Experience as a professional science writer who has written for consumer audiences.
- Experience using data or research in long-form content.
- Experience writing SEO optimized content
- Strong writing and storytelling foundation – ability to conceive and execute fresh ideas that will educate and delight audiences.
- Has experience working independently and managing projects with many moving parts.
- Has used metrics to measure the performance of content
- Demonstrated knowledge of genetics or canine care a plus
What We Can Offer:
At Embark, we might be dog lovers, but we’re passionate about people too. We’re committed to building an inclusive culture where all employees can belong and flourish. Here are some of our benefits and perks:
- A flexible vacation policy so you can take off the time you need when you need it
- Paid maternal and paternal leave (plus paw-ternity leave for new pets)
- Every other Friday off each summer
- Dog-friendly office near South Station, Boston (when we get back to the office), with some flexibility (eg work from home at least 2 days a week, flexibility around child care needs, etc)
- Perks tailored for dog lovers including subsidized pet insurance and dog-walking services
- Startup perks with big-company benefits (401k match, a generous bonus structure, commuter benefits, top-of-the-line healthcare, HSA/FSA)
- Competitive salaries and equity participation — every employee gets stock options
- Fully-stocked office snack bar and regular office events
- New iMacs and MacBook Pros, or laptops running Linux
- Continuing education, including attending conferences and company-provided resources to help with individual growth and development
Embark is an equal opportunity workplace and values diversity at our company. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, age, disability status, marital status, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state or local laws. See also EEO is the Law.