Discover your dog more than fur deep with the most comprehensive DNA test on the market. Designed by world leaders in dog genetics, in partnership with Cornell University, the Embark DNA Test tells owners what breeds make up their pets, how to prevent future possible health problems, and what features and traits their pet might have. Help us end preventable diseases in dogs and improve the lives of pets and their people through genomics.
Embark is the only dog DNA test using a research-grade DNA microarray, letting us give our customers the most accurate and comprehensive results on the market. More importantly, it allows us to do ongoing research into the genetics of dogs, which are a fantastic population for genetic discovery due to selective breeding over time. Our research focuses on mapping new traits and diseases, improving personalized veterinary medicine, and developing new breeding programs to eliminate preventable diseases in pets.
Interested in joining? We're looking for highly motivated and driven employees who will help us stay on the cutting edge of creativity and innovation in the fast-growing consumer genetics space.
Embark Veterinary is searching for a Full-Time Customer Support Representative to join our growing team!
In this role, you will respond to and resolve customer inquiries, including unique and complex requests, while learning about canine genetics.
The role will encompass a wide variety of duties and responsibilities including, but not limited to, the following:
- Respond to customer inquiries related to our products, our process, and canine genetics, including customer's results
- Record customer interactions, capturing details of inquiries, complaints or comments, as well as actions taken using Zendesk (CRM)
- Troubleshoot customer problems efficiently and effectively
- Identify issues that need additional assistance and escalate as needed
- Represent Embark Vet in a professional manner
- Meet metrics related to service level, performance, and customer satisfaction
- Learn advanced concept about canine genetics, including interpreting results
- Other job-related duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent; 2-4 years of experience in a similar Customer Support environment.
- College/Associates Degree or equivalent; 6 months to 3 years of experience in a similar Customer Support environment.
- Experience with Zendesk or similar CRM software
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Comfortable translating complex scientific and/or technical concepts into easy to understand, actionable information for our customers
- Must be available to work nights and weekends
- Must love dogs!
What We Offer
- Dog-friendly office
- Perks tailored for dog lovers including subsidized dog-walking services and paw-ternity leave
- Startup perks with big-company benefits
- Competitive salaries, all-inclusive health care, and equity participation
- A flexible vacation policy along with paid maternal and paternal leave
- Fully-stocked office snack bar and regular office events
- New iMacs and MacBook Pros
- Continuing education including attending conferences
Embark is an equal opportunity workplace and values diversity at our company. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, age, disability status, marital status, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state or local laws. See also EEO is the Law.