We are looking for a demand generation and digital marketing professional to serve as our Director of Demand Generation. You will be a driving force in partnership with the Sales Team to create pipeline and deliver revenue. The ideal candidate is a highly-motivated self-starter who has a proven track record for building and managing high-performance teams. You should have a strong experience hiring and retaining talent to develop and execute both strategic and tactical plans to exceed pipeline and revenue goals through digital marketing programs, online and offline events, and account-based marketing. You have a quantifiable track record of success with a strong focus on measurement and ROI. You have a propensity toward action and are comfortable rolling up your sleeves to make things happen. You are a strong collaborator, communicator and will work closely with key stakeholders (e.g., Marketing, Product, Partnerships, SDRs, Sales, CX, and CS).
- Drive efficiency and effectiveness of demand generation programs while working cross-functionally across the organization (e.g., Customer Success, Operations, Sales, Marketing, Brand & Design, and Product & Research.)
- Lead, motivate, mentor, and manage a 3-person team and agency relationships to drive efficiency, high performance, and engaged group of marketers
- Develop monthly breakthrough goals, quarterly strategic objectives, and key results (OKRs) in partnership with the Marketing team and cross-functional leaders.
- Improve lead progression through the funnel by leading with strategy development, management buy-in, execution, and reporting
- Define and execute programs and tactics to support Account Based Marketing initiatives
- Monitor, analyze, and work with an agency to execute marketing programs, conduct A/B testing, and optimize always-on digital campaigns to ensure strong ROI
- Create and execute integrated campaigns for both digital and offline channels that convey Lever’s messaging and positioning to drive net new revenue for all market segments.
- Own the content journey for our prospects in coordination with Head of Content, Web, Customer Marketing, and Product to drive conversions.
- Forecast, measure, analyze, and report the impact of campaign and demand activities on sales pipeline, revenue, and demand funnel velocity.
THE SKILL SET
- 8+ years of experience of relevant Marketing experience, primarily in B2B tech
- Strong global campaign strategy, development, and execution experience. Prior experience planning and executing campaigns for customer and partner audiences.
- Demonstrated success in creating and executing multichannel demand generation campaigns and programs with global experience
- Big picture thinking, and meticulous attention to detail – Ability to quickly understand overall business objectives, create a well-aligned marketing strategy and execution plans with clearly defined metrics and KPIs.
- Strong analytical skills with a proven track record in making data-driven decisions to continually optimize performance and determine future investments
- Experience identifying the right portfolio of agencies and managing day-to-day relationships.
- Account Based Marketing experience is strongly preferred. ABM knowledge of principles and technologies is a must.
- Strong technical skill with web, marketing automation, salesforce.com, and google analytics
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience using Salesforce and Marketing CRM (Marketo or something similar)
- Knowledge of current best practices and new strategies for digital and lead generation marketing
- A creative thinker with proven ability to effectively execute integrated and streamlined marketing programs
- Ability to collaborate, build relationships, and drive results across teams and at all levels of an organization
- Prior experience marketing to HR personas is a plus.
- Event marketing or event technology experience is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written.
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- A multi-tasker that can execute across a variety of different responsibilities at one time
- Enjoy working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment; you must be a self-starter.
- Experience in building, mentoring, and coaching a team of marketing professionals.
WITHIN 1 MONTH, YOU’LL
- Complete Ramp Camp, our half day onboarding program designed to get you up to speed on all aspects of the business with a cross-functional cohort of new Leveroos. You'll learn about our company, product, vision, and team and understand how your role fits into Lever's broader organization.
- Conduct 1:1s with your team to learn more about each person’s strengths, interests, roles, and responsibilities.
- Connect with Marketing and Sales Leadership to begin architecting future efforts to achieve quarterly goals.
- Work with the Head of Marketing to understand upcoming fiscal year strategies and desired outcomes.
- Complete a draft and understand your quarterly OKRs and contributions
WITHIN 3 MONTHS, YOU’LL
- Socialize your strategy and plan with cross-functional stakeholders to achieve buy-in
- Begin executing phase 1 of your plan with your team. Measure results on a daily/weekly/basis; share out results with the key stakeholders and the broader company (e.g., Video, Slack, and Email), and test and iterate.
- Pilot new marketing channels (and messaging) based on data, market intel, and trends.
- Measure the effectiveness of new channels and share out and act on results.
- Continue to improve and track results in SEM and SEO conversions working cross-functionally with the Head of Content, Web Strategist, and Product Marketing to deliver a digital content experience on our website and digital platforms to drive conversions.
WITHIN 6 MONTHS, YOU’LL
- Massively scale lead flow for efficiency and conversions to improve win rates through implementing, tracking, and adjusting your strategy and plan.
- Complete a lead scoring audit with Operations to update Nurture campaigns (ToF, MoF, and Sales Outreaches) to incorporate known data, buyer intent, and predictive analytics.
- Based on your pilots’ results, double down on channels that have performed well and scale back on the rest and share high-level data outcomes cross-functionally.
WITHIN 12 MONTHS, YOU’LL
- Be the foremost authority on our buyers and contribute to strategic product direction decisions at the leadership level.
- Subject matter expert on our category, competitors, and build a go-to-market strategy that promotes our suite of solutions, integrations, and services in partnership with Product Marketing.
- Architect upcoming fiscal year strategy and goals for the upcoming planning sessions for the next fiscal year
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
THE LEVER STORY
Lever builds modern recruiting software for teams to source, interview, and hire top talent. Our team strives to set a new bar for enterprise software with modern, well-designed, real-time apps. We participated in Y Combinator in summer 2012, and since then have raised $73 million. As the applicant tracking system of choice for Netflix, Eventbrite, ClearSlide, change.org, and thousands more leading companies, Lever means you hire the best by hiring together.
Lever is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives. Learn more about our team culture and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Apply to this job
Typical includes :
- Recruiter phone screen
- Hiring Manager phone screen
- Panel 1 (meet with the team and some cross functional team members)
- Panel 2 (may include a presentation and final interviews with the hiring manager and recruiter)