Lever was founded eight years ago to tackle the most strategic challenge that companies face: how to recruit and hire top talent. We’re building the next generation of hiring software that companies like Netflix, Shopify, and Eventbrite rely on to grow their teams. We've rethought the talent acquisition paradigm and are the innovation leaders in our space and looking for the right people to join us as we scale.
We’re extraordinarily proud of the company we’ve built so far with headquarters in both San Francisco and Toronto (not to mention humbled to be recognized as the #1 place to work in San Francisco, as well as a top workplace in the entire United States). Our people are Lever’s biggest competitive advantage and we’ll continue investing in our “Leveroos” and people-first culture.
Lever is looking for a Sales and Marketing Operations Director who can partner closely with Executives, managers and team members from across these go-to-market organizations to make their business practices run smoothly, efficiently and successfully. This Director will manage a team of three outstanding operations and technical professionals, with plans to expand over time as the business grows.
As a member of the Revenue Operations team led by the CFO, you’ll be instrumental in supporting our quickly growing Sales and Marketing organizations and building out the systems and processes that will drive Lever’s go-to-market strategy, and take performance and execution to the next level. Every day will bring new challenges and require cross-functional collaboration to solve problems like incremental pipeline generation and improvement of conversion rates from Inquiries to MQLs, MQLs to SQLs and all the way through to closed-won ARR.
This leader will support our EVP of Sales in running their weekly forecast calls, lead the charge in Sales Rep territory and capacity planning, drive variable compensation plan design and implementation, optimize our current implementation of Salesforce.com, improve both the quality and enrichment of go-to-market data, and evolve a system architecture that makes it easy to access, measure and study customer level, 360-degree performance and activity related information.
This leader will also support our VP of Marketing, and help ensure our marketing automation tools and systems are running at peak levels, and integrating seamlessly with other go-to-market tech stack solutions to provide them with timely and actionable information so that they and their marketing team can produce successful marketing programs, campaigns and events - and always be able to use data before and afterwards to measure and monitor results, and sharpen our focus on only the highest ROI initiatives. Trusted data and actionable insights are vital to the success of this operations team, and this leader must have a proven track record of creating an infrastructure that supports the evolving and growing needs of dynamic sales and marketing teams, respectively and holistically.
Ultimately, this leader must leverage the team and resources at hand, to build a function that optimizes for best in class productivity levels for all members of our extremely talented sales and marketing team members.
This is an opportunity to be directly involved in Lever’s Sales and Marketing organizations and act as a thought partner for both, and a bridge to keep both teams connected and getting the most out of our shared systems and processes. We are a small but growing team, so this leader must operate both at strategic and business partner level while also demonstrating the capability to roll-up their sleeves and help the operations team members execute on critical projects and deliver meaningful outcomes. This is a role that will be most successful if the nature of the leader is a ‘builder’ and possesses the willingness and passion to be involved directly in both the design and ‘building’ efforts that are necessary to accomplish the goals on our roadmap.
Lever’s Sales and Marketing organizations are a tight-knit set of teams with diverse backgrounds and a great passion for getting Lever into the hands of customers so that they experience the power and value our transformational platform can have within their organizations. We market and sell to companies of all kinds, from tech startups to world-famous traveling circuses and global non-profits - all with the intent to make them successful and help them make hiring more strategic, collaborative, and human.
THE SKILL SET
- 8+ years of sales and marketing operations experience with strong exposure to how B2B go-to-market strategy translates into the necessary planning, operations, systems and processes that power highly successful go-to-market teams.
- Background in world-class design and implementation of CRM (Salesforce) and Marketing automation (Marketo) systems, with proven track-record of delivering simple and effective business workflows and integrated processes - that all lead to easier and effective end-user experience as well as high quality and enriched data, visibility into KPIs and actionable insights.
- Analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills and the ability to communicate complex ideas concisely.
- Ability to remove your own roadblocks and invent alternative methodologies that open up new pathways forward for you and members of your operational and technical savvy team members.
- Expert level proficiency with Salesforce and Excel required, bonus points for experience with SQL, Marketo, Salesforce CPQ, InsightSquared, and other go-to-market tools.
WITHIN 1 MONTH, YOU'LL:
- Attend Ramp Camp, our company-wide onboarding program
- Learn about the suite of Lever products and be able to discuss the Lever origin story and understand the decisions and intentions that shaped the product as it is currently.
- Onboard with the Operations team to learn about our instance of Salesforce, our automated processes and workflows, and how our sales and customer data is organized. You’ll use this knowledge in your day to day work to make recommendations on process improvements.
- Meet the Sales and Marketing organizations through a series of 1:1s so you can partner effectively with them and learn about our go-to-market life-cycle.
- Build your OKR and support those of your team members, to set goals and track your performance as well as career growth; present this to the CFO and use this tool to measure your success moving forward.
WITHIN 3 MONTHS, YOU'LL:
- Become an expert on our customer journey from pre-to-post sales and learn our Ideal Customer Profile (ICP)
- Build metrics and dashboards in Salesforce to monitor team performance, forecast and pipeline trends, and territory performance.
- Evolve our pipeline and sales forecasting tools and visual insights
- Lead your first Sales forecast call, sitting alongside our EVP of Sales and their Leadership team
- Use the data from your dashboards to participate in monthly go-to-market meetings with marketing and sales leaders to review team performance and proactively identify issues and propose solutions to improve our overall selling process.
WITHIN 6 MONTHS, YOU'LL:
- Partner with our Director of Sales Enablement to develop programs that make our Sales Reps even more productive.
- Work with our Customer Success and Finance teams to document and codify our Rules of Engagement into a singular reference point for business processes, workflows, glossary of terms, tips and tricks, and sales policies.
- Establish a set of activity, pipeline and pacing metrics for use at an individual field marketing and sales manager level to measure pipeline and prospect health.
- Design new ways to get the most out of our Salesforce instance. Build a plan - with your team - to get more out of our current system configuration, or add new tools/solutions that make processes more simple and effective, or data generated from systems more trustworthy and useful.
- Produce a data-enrichment plan and roll it out - with the goal to establish a trusted baseline of how we use our GTM data, but to also highlight new and creative ways to use our data and insights to seek ways to generate incremental leads and revenue.
WITHIN 12 MONTHS, YOU'LL:
- Instill operational rigor internally and across sales and marketing teams. Reduce wasted motions and activities, and ensure the team and the organizations supported are streamlined and working smarter and not just harder.
- Identify, scope, and execute on projects that increase effectiveness and reach of our Sales and Marketing organizations and help our teams achieve their top-line goals.
- Work cross-functionally with our Customer success teams to build programs designed to keep our existing customer base in mind. Partner with our analytics team to measure the effectiveness and lift of these programs.
- Work on the FY22 Operating Plan to build a model for our continued sales growth.
- Chart your individual growth plan for FY22 to continue growing your career at Lever and share with CFO
- Continuously evolve your initiatives to meet the ever-changing needs of Lever’s business and new customer acquisition growth.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
THE LEVER STORY
Lever builds modern recruiting software for teams to source, interview, and hire top talent. Our team strives to set a new bar for enterprise software with modern, well-designed, real-time apps. We participated in Y Combinator in summer 2012, and since then have raised $73 million. As the applicant tracking system of choice for Netflix, Eventbrite, ClearSlide, change.org, and thousands more leading companies, Lever means you hire the best by hiring together.
Lever is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives. Learn more about our team culture and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Apply to this job
Typical includes :
- Recruiter phone screen
- Hiring Manager phone screen
- Panel 1 (meet with the team and some cross functional team members)
- Panel 2 (may include a presentation and final interviews with the hiring manager and recruiter)