Farmer’s Fridge is on a mission to make it simple for everyone to eat well. We serve healthy, handcrafted meals and snacks from our growing network of 400+ Smart Fridges (software-enabled vending machines). We are striving to change the food system from the ground up – one Fridge or delivery at a time.
We are a team that cares -– about the business, the impact our product makes, and each other. We are data-driven, innovative, and quick to move on a good idea. We are looking for people who want to collaborate in an entrepreneurial, inclusive culture and have a passion to succeed.
We are seeking a data-driven, high-performing Financial Analyst to play a supporting role in forecasting, planning, and financial reporting and helping position the Finance team to be a strong strategic business partner across the organization.
The Financial Analyst is a key member of the team, reporting directly to the FP&A Manager with significant exposure to senior leadership. The ideal candidate must have great communication and interpersonal skills, a strong analytical toolset, and an ability to translate the details into the bigger picture. This is a great opportunity for someone who is driven by a challenge and wants to grow with us, as this role will have a clear career path with multiple development opportunities.
What You’ll Do:
- Support the development and maintenance of financial models for purposes of financial reporting, forecasting, and financial planning.
- Assist with FP&A month end close process and monthly internal and external reporting, including communicating business performance to internal stakeholders to help drive process efficiency and performance insights.
- Provide ad hoc financial support to functional teams across the business to drive actionable decision making and support business activities.
- Perform analysis of financial results and KPIs; providing actionable insights to functional leaders and leveraging insights to support Finance forecasting and financial planning processes.
- Finance business partner to the Analytics team, working cross functionally to validate accuracy and reasonableness of data and finding opportunities to organize data for Finance team needs.
- Develop a deep understanding of our business model and key drivers of financial performance and strong relationships across multiple functional teams.
A Few Things You Might Work On:
- Iteration is core to our identity. Pre-pandemic, we primarily sold food from Fridges. Now, our revenue is distributed among home delivery, wholesale and Fridge transactions. As we continue to evolve, you will create financial models and reporting tools that will provide visibility into these new channels and enable functional decision-making amid very high growth.
- Each of our 350+ smart Fridge locations is unique. To support monthly financial reporting you will partner with accounting and analytics to maintain automated P&Ls for each of our 350+ locations, including communicating monthly results to key channel stakeholders to help drive profitability across our core channel.
- We’re an omnichannel, vertical business with equal complexity across Production, Distribution, Marketing, Sales, Tech, and more. The person in this role will be working with some of these key stakeholders to turn data into actionable results, whether supporting the forecasting process and plan execution by digging into costs or modeling a pro forma P&L to evaluate a deal opportunity.
What Your Background Might Look Like:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Economics, Finance or related field
- Entry Level experience in Finance or Accounting role or another highly analytical and strategic role
- Experience and/or demonstrated interest in Food and Beverage industry and/or omnichannel retail businesses
- Demonstrated working knowledge and understanding of GAAP accounting principles
- Experience with complex data and advanced Excel / GSheets modeling skills
- Ability to interpret and communicate complex financial information in a clear manner across various departments and levels within the organization
- Thrives in a fast-paced and rapidly-changing environment
- Detail-oriented and highly organized self-starter with a drive to dig into complex problems to distill actionable insights
Benefits at Farmer's Fridge:
In This Together - Our HQ employees are currently working from home, but we stay connected virtually with weekly town hall meetings, social hours, and remote game nights. Our bonus roles as taste testers are also still intact! You can sample what new items we’re cooking up in our test kitchen with our menu team’s no-contact "employee drive-thru".
Happier Weekdays - Each day at work should fill you with joy, not dread. We're a fun and passionate group, and we don't take ourselves too seriously. Bring your unique self to work, dress comfortably, and always feel free to share your thoughts and opinions. We encourage curiosity and inquiry; there's no hierarchy here when we're all swapping ideas.
Innovate & Elevate - We're all teachers and learners. You'll grow, and help grow the company through cross-functional collaboration, open access to leadership, and regular business updates. You have a direct impact on the company’s bottom line. You can also impact your personal bottom line by participating in our 401(k) plan that includes a company match with immediate vesting, and you'll succeed alongside our business with our bonus and equity plans.
Typically includes :
- Recruiter Phone Interview
- Hiring Manager Phone Interview
- On-site/Zoom Interview (Meeting with a few team members and cross-functional teams members). Will usually include discussing a case study or coding exercise prepared in advance.