Rightfoot was recently named a Cloud 100 Rising Star by Forbes. We're tackling the largest untapped opportunity in fintech — consumer debt, a $14.5+ trillion dollar problem. Backed by Bain Capital Ventures and founders and executives from successful fintech companies like Plaid, Venmo, and Marqeta — we are uniquely positioned to develop APIs that make it possible to integrate debt repayment into any product. Currently, our sights are set on addressing the $1.7 trillion student debt crisis.
Why are debt payments hard?
Debt accounts are not routable entities like bank accounts. The use cases we bring to life require the development of novel payment rails. We integrate directly with loan servicers whose backends were built in the 1970s to standardize and streamline debt payments.
What’s the societal impact?
Women hold two thirds of all student debt (>$1T) despite near equal graduation rates. Systemic racism has led to historically underrepresented groups holding 30%+ more debt than their peers. Rightfoot is enabling life changing technology for millions of people.
This is an incredible opportunity to join a well funded, well supported, and early stage company tackling a massively underserved market. Join Rightfoot as a thought leader, and come make an impact on a multi-trillion dollar problem!
About the Role
As our first sales hire you’ll collaborate closely with the CEO, wearing many hats. This is not your traditional enterprise sales role, but rather a role fit for a "sales athlete" who can juggle multiple projects, support the CEO in sales, design processes and playbooks, fill our funnel with new leads, analyze leaks in the funnel, and help us close new business.
You will help our CEO build the scalable foundations of our sales organization from the ground up. You will meet frequently with prospects that you source, record meetings into our CRM, and analyze and share insights based on your findings. You’ll design, iterate on, and execute new approaches to reach our target customer, including case studies, collateral, campaigns, and more.
In short, no two days will be alike, and your energy and creativity will take you far!
Some Things that Might Make You a Great Fit
- 2+ years of experience in sales at an early stage tech company
- A strong grasp of APIs, and how to communicate their value to potential clients
- At least 6 months of SDR / lead prospecting experience
- Experience filling pipelines, creating Go To Market plans, building and assessing customer funnels, adapting product demos, and creating processes for scaling and hiring
- Experience working with CRMs like Pipedrive
- A self-starter mentality and the ability to work autonomously
- A highly organized nature, with the ability to track, manage, grow, and communicate pipeline status with a data driven approach to the wider team
Bonus Points if You've Got
- Experience selling APIs and developing Go To Market plans for an API company
- An enthusiasm and curiosity for the world of fintech, or experience working at a fintech
- Experience working at a startup or similar work environment with limited resources
- Prior experience running A/B tests, and taking a data-driven approach to sales
- A history of taking measured risks, and failing
- A remote first work environment, with quarterly in person strategy off-sites to fun locations of the team’s choosing
- Large impact on a fast growing team
- Equity in a fast growing startup
- Paid medical, dental, vision insurance
- Student debt company contributions
- 401k plan
- 12 weeks maternity and paternity leave
- Unlimited vacation days (and we require and encourage you to take it)
- A fun, quirky, and kind team
Apply to this job