Farmer’s Fridge is on a mission to make it simple for everyone to eat well. We serve healthy, handcrafted meals and snacks from our growing network of 400+ Smart Fridges (software-enabled vending machines). We are striving to change the food system from the ground up – one Fridge or delivery at a time.
We are a team that cares -– about the business, the impact our product makes, and each other. We are data-driven, innovative, and quick to move on a good idea. We are looking for people who want to collaborate in an entrepreneurial, inclusive culture and have a passion to succeed.
We are looking for a native iOS Engineer to work cross-functionally to create a unique and personalized experience for our consumers as well as our drivers. Our engineers take pride in crafting great software but take even more pride in product ownership, taking ideas from concept to release and beyond. This role will provide you the opportunity to work with cutting-edge technologies, work with a wide scope, and solve fascinating problems for our customers.
In a typical week, the iOS Engineer will…
- Develop and ship customer-facing iOS applications
- Create a best-in-class user experience, focusing on personalization and customization. Some problems we’re solving now are related to our new delivery experience, rewards, recommendations, and touchless vending
- Work with the product and design teams to understand end-user requirements and build robust and scalable software solutions
- Design and create services and system architecture that communicate with our backend and smart fridges
- Help improve our code quality by using monitoring tools, writing unit tests, automation, and performing code reviews
What We’re Looking For:
- A few years of industry experience shipping mobile applications to scale. Show us what you’ve built in the App Store!
- Strong programming ability in Swift and/or React Native
- Experience using monitoring tools to track performance
- Cross-functional experience working with engineers in other areas of the stack. Experience with or desire to work on projects across the stack.
- Experience collaborating with business leaders and engineers to understand and define projects
- Desire to solve complex problems elegantly and efficiently
- Proven ability to learn new skills quickly and continuous desire to improve
- A clear and effective communicator
- The ability to adapt as our company grows. You may not be siloed into one area of expertise, and you're excited about that!
Benefits at Farmer's Fridge:
In This Together - Our HQ employees are currently working from home, but we stay connected virtually with weekly town hall meetings, social hours, and remote game nights. Our bonus roles as taste testers are also still intact! You can sample what new items we’re cooking up in our test kitchen with our menu team’s no-contact "employee drive-thru".
Happier Weekdays - Each day at work should fill you with joy, not dread. We're a fun and passionate group, and we don't take ourselves too seriously. Bring your unique self to work, dress comfortably, and always feel free to share your thoughts and opinions. We encourage curiosity and inquiry; there's no hierarchy here when we're all swapping ideas.
Innovate & Elevate - We're all teachers and learners. You'll grow, and help grow the company through cross-functional collaboration, open access to leadership, and regular business updates. You have a direct impact on the company’s bottom line. You can also impact your personal bottom line by participating in our 401(k) plan that includes a company match with immediate vesting.
Farmer’s Fridge is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
View our disclosures related to External Agencies and Applicants below: https://www.farmersfridge.com/careerdisclosures
Typically includes :
- Recruiter Phone Interview
- Hiring Manager Phone Interview
- On-site/Zoom Interview (Meeting with a few team members and cross-functional teams members). Will usually include discussing a case study or coding exercise prepared in advance.