- establish that they have received the “designated vaccine(s)“; or
- obtain an approved exemption as an accommodation.
CipherHealth is an award-winning healthcare technology company that delivers a comprehensive portfolio of scalable and flexible patient engagement solutions for healthcare organizations to keep patients, staff, families and communities up to date and informed about their preventative, acute or elective care -- whether it is in a hospital, clinic, facility, at home or anywhere in between.
In this historic time, when the entire globe is facing a global healthcare crisis, CipherHealth is out in front helping hundreds of leading healthcare providers like UCSF, Johns Hopkins and University of Pennsylvania manage through this pandemic and beyond with solutions that enable them to deliver remarkable in-care experiences and impactful around-care engagement that empower patients and staff, reduce friction and waste, and drive best possible outcomes.
Lead Backend Software Engineer
We are looking for a Lead Software Engineer to produce and implement functional software solutions. You will work with upper management to define software requirements and take the lead on operational and technical projects.
At CipherHealth, we believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. In this role you will be collaborating with others to define and implement optimal, complete solutions based on stakeholder needs. You will help design back-end and front-end web based software or customize software for client use with the aim of optimizing operational efficiency.
You should be able to work independently with little supervision. You should have excellent organization and problem-solving skills and have worked in an Agile environment.
- Develop high-quality software design and architecture
- Identify, prioritize and execute tasks in the software development life cycle
- Develop tools and applications by producing clean, efficient code
- Automate tasks through appropriate tools and scripting
- Review and debug code
- Create integration modules and abstract APIs to pass data to and from internal/external systems and products using multiple RESTful APIs.
- Perform validation and verification testing
- Collaborate with internal teams and vendors to fix and improve products
- Ensure software is up-to-date with latest technologies
- Significant experience in software development
- Significant experience with NodeJS and ExpressJS-based frameworks
- Significant experience designing and implementing RESTful, JSON APIs
- Moderate experience designing and maintaining contract tests between interdependent API services.
- Some experience with serverless deployments and event-driven systems
- In-depth knowledge of relational databases (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL)
- Analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude
- Ability to work independently
- Growth-mindset in approaching new technologies and patterns
- Moderate experience with MongoDB
- Moderate experience with Ruby and/or Ruby-on-Rails
- Some Experience with GraphQL tools such as Apollo
- Some Experience with containerization and cloud-based applications (e.g. Docker, GCP, AWS, Azure)
- Some Experience with GCP
- Core Application: Ruby on Rails on MongoDB
- Microservices: NodeJs on Postgres & MongoDB
- Frontend: VueJS & React
- VCS: Github
- CICD: Gitlab & Terraform
- Hosting: On-prem and GCP
How We Invest In You
- Compensation: Competitive/equitable salary, bonus or commissions, and equity
- Healthcare that begins on your first day:
- Generous company-funding of our health, vision, and dental plans (most individual plans are of no cost to you for the monthly premium)
- HSA/FSA plans
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- Life and Personal Accident Insurance
- $40 monthly wellness stipend you can use towards any wellness, fitness, and wellbeing purchases
- Weekly virtual yoga classes
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Adoption Assistance
- Retirement: 401(k) at three months of employment — with a match upon enrollment!
- Time away:
- Discretionary PTO + 13 paid holidays
- Parenthood: Competitive paid parental leave and flexible return to work policy
- Generous Employee Referral Program - earn cash for each employee referral that is hired
- Yearly Cipher-versary stipend
- Ci-Phives - receive public kudos and gift cards from peers and managers
- CARE2 Values
- Bi-Weekly All Hands Meetings
- $30/employee monthly “Fundowment” for team bonding events
- Employee Resource Groups such as Rainbow Room and BIPOC Group
- Yearly donations to organizations that contribute to a more equitable world
- Weekly Lunch & Learns and robust onboarding / training programs
- Remote-first team: $50 per month reimbursement in your check for WFH expenses
- You’ll receive a new Macbook laptop, other hardware, and company swag upon hire