Who we are:
Join Embark on our mission to improve the life and longevity of dogs everywhere. Our canine DNA test — the highest-rated, most accurate on the market — enables us to make scientific advances in personalized pet care. Recently named one of the fastest-growing private companies in America by Inc. Magazine, Embark is the only canine genetics company using research-grade technology, which allows us to make new scientific discoveries.
Designed by world leaders in dog genetics in partnership with Cornell University, the Embark Dog DNA Test provides information on genetic health risks and breed make-up, allowing dog owners, breeders, and veterinarians to make personalized care plans based on a dog's unique genetic profile. Embark is also home to the world’s only canine DNA relative finder. No wonder The New York Times recently called Embark’s Breed and Health Kit the best dog DNA test available!
Interested in joining our pack? We are looking for highly motivated and mission-driven employees who will join us as Embark leads the cutting edge of creativity and innovation in the fast-growing consumer genetics space.
About the role:
Do you love making people’s professional lives run smoothly and efficiently? Do you enjoy creating memorable moments for birthdays and other celebrations? Do other smiling faces bring you joy and fulfillment? If so, come join our pack! We’re looking for an organized rockstar to join our team as the heart and welcoming face of our Boston office.
What you’ll do:
This role will be primarily remote until July 2021. You will be helping the company in returning to the office for the fall when we anticipate that it is going to be safe to do so.
After the company transitioned back to the office, you will oversee and support all office processes, enforce policies and ensure that the Boston office is operating smoothly which includes:
- Be the warm and welcoming face and first impression who greets visitors and employees each day
- Provide front desk help such as: directing guests, being the point of contact for fielding general employee questions, managing mail
- Plan company events as necessary; coordinate team celebrations, including meals, birthdays, company milestones, etc.
- Tidy up common spaces, including conference rooms, kitchens, and other collaborative spaces
- Make sure things are fully stocked including the kitchen cabinets, supply closet, and swag closet
- Work with the Design team to keep swag fully stocked and super cool
- Lend a hand to the People Ops team by supporting recruiting processes
- Communicate with building management as necessary
- Assist with office layout planning and office moves when necessary
- Identify opportunities for process and office management improvements, and design and implement new systems
What experience we’re looking for:
- You have 2-5 years of work experience in an administrative/office management role
- You are a self-starter, when you notice something isn’t quite right, you’re not afraid to roll up your sleeves and get stuff done
- You are a people person, getting to know people and putting a smile on their face makes you happy!
- Your priorities are in line! You consider yourself to be an organized person with exceptional time management and multitasking skills.
- Details, details, details… you notice the little things and are excited to spend time making it nice.
- You are your best self when working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- BONUS POINTS: Start-up experience + office move experience
What We Can Offer:
At Embark, we might be dog lovers, but we’re passionate about people too. We’re committed to building an inclusive culture where all employees can belong and flourish. Here are some of our benefits and perks:
- A flexible vacation policy so you can take off the time you need when you need it
- Paid maternal and paternal leave (plus paw-ternity leave for new pets)
- Every other Friday off each summer
- Dog-friendly office near South Station, Boston (when we get back to the office), with some flexibility (eg work from home 2 days a week, flexibility around child care needs, etc)
- Perks tailored for dog lovers including subsidized pet insurance and dog-walking services
- Startup perks with big-company benefits (401k match, a generous bonus structure, commuter benefits, top-of-the-line healthcare, HSA/FSA)
- Competitive salaries and equity participation — every employee gets stock options
- Fully-stocked office snack bar and regular office events
- New iMacs and MacBook Pros, or laptops running Linux
- Continuing education, including attending conferences and company-provided resources to help with individual growth and development
Embark is an equal opportunity workplace and values diversity at our company. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, age, disability status, marital status, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state or local laws. See also EEO is the Law.