Farmer’s Fridge is on a mission to make it simple for everyone to eat well. We serve healthy, handcrafted meals and snacks from our growing network of 400+ software-enabled vending machines that we refer to as smart Fridges, and a new direct-to-consumer business. We are striving to change the food system from the ground up – one Fridge or delivery at a time.
We are a team that cares -– about the business, the impact our product makes, and each other. We are data-driven, innovative, and quick to move on a good idea. We are looking for people who want to collaborate in an entrepreneurial, inclusive culture and have a passion to succeed.
About this Job:
This position is responsible for running the day-to-day support functions of our Cicero manufacturing plant, allowing our production to focus on producing healthy meals efficiently and safely. We need a strong leader who can both listen with compassion and provide clear direction to frontline employees. You are probably a person who enjoys overcoming challenges and celebrating breakthroughs with our incredible manufacturing team. Best of all, because this facility is new and growing, this is an opportunity to make a direct impact on a scaling business!
As An Operations Supervisor, You Will Be Responsible For:
- Facilities: Day-to-day supervision of the Maintenance Team. Ownership of ticketing system, workshop and communication with internal stakeholders.
- Warehouse/Inventory: Day-to-day supervision of Warehouse/Inventory Team. Ownership of receiving, inventory and requisition functions as well as internal SLAs to other teams.
- Continuous Improvement: With guidance from Assistant Plant Manager, develops and implements solutions to improve accuracy and efficiency of all indirect processes.
- People: Developing team members for growth, performance coaching, scheduling and payroll.
- External Vendors: Point of contact for recurring external vendors. Responsible for enforcing Vendor SLAs, coordinating with internal stakeholders and invoice approval.
What Your Background May Look Like:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience supervising people and/or projects in operations
- 5 years of work experience in Inventory, Facilities or Warehousing.
- Spanish skills a plus, but not required
- Computer skills: Office and Google Suite - Specifically Sheets, Docs and Slides, asset management programs
- Experience working with and/or implementing ERP,WMS, or other inventory management systems
- 5S experience/certification
- Experience with general warehouse equipment or willingness to get certified in (forklift, pallet jack, sky jack)
- Basic understanding of maintenance principles and practices
Benefits at Farmer's Fridge:
Happier Weekdays - Walking into the facility should fill you with joy, not dread. We're a fun and passionate group, and we don't take ourselves too seriously. Bring your unique self to work, dress comfortably, and always feel free to share your thoughts and opinions. We encourage curiosity and inquiry; there's no hierarchy here when we're all swapping ideas.
During your break - Never run on empty by enjoying daily Farmer’s Fridge meals, challenging a coworker to a game of ping pong, de-stressing by taking a spin on our Nascar arcade game, or spending your break on one of our comfy couches.
Innovate & Elevate - We're all teachers and learners. You'll grow, and help grow the company through cross-functional collaboration, open access to leadership, and regular business updates. You have a direct impact on the company’s bottom line. You can also impact your bottom line participating in our 401(k) plan that includes a company match with immediate vesting, and you'll succeed alongside our business with our bonus and equity plans.
Farmer’s Fridge is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
View our disclosures related to External Agencies and Applicants below: https://www.farmersfridge.com/careerdisclosures
Typically includes :
- Recruiter Phone Interview
- Hiring Manager Phone Interview
- On-site/Zoom Interview (Meeting with a few team members and cross-functional teams members). Will usually include discussing a case study or coding exercise prepared in advance.