A BIT ABOUT US
Lever was founded eight years ago to tackle the most strategic challenge that companies face: how to recruit and hire top talent. We’re building the next generation of hiring software that companies like Netflix, Shopify, Atlassian, and McGraw Hill rely on to grow their teams. We've rethought the talent acquisition paradigm and are the innovation leaders in our space and looking for the right people to join us as we scale.
We’re extraordinarily proud of the company we’ve built so far (not to mention humbled to be recognized as the #1 place to work in San Francisco, as well as a top workplace in the entire United States). Our people are Lever’s biggest competitive advantage and we’ll continue investing in our “Leveroos” and people-first culture.
Lever seeks a talented Partner Marketing Manager to work cross-functionally with strategic departments to drive revenue opportunities. The successful candidate must possess excellent leadership and organizational qualities to maximize working across internal and external teams. The ecosystem is rapidly increasing with new partnerships to discover. We are growing our partnership connection and integrations via technology and relationship. This is a vital role across the organization that directly impacts product and new business development, and ultimately revenue. This role was created to achieve success, scale the relationships we have with our current partners and expand our ecosystem.
Partnership marketing is the connection of multiple brands that help our mutual customers achieve their business goals. Working in partnerships with complementary brands that are an extension to Lever, and exemplify creating a positive candidate experience, amplifies our value proposition to empower organizations to source, attract, and hire the right people.
In this role, you are instrumental in achieving business goals for both Lever and our partners. As the partner marketer, you directly create positive brand recognition, drive added value, build brand loyalty, drive revenue, and influence product roadmaps across multiple brands.
THE SKILL SET
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing or equivalent work experience.
- 4+ years of Marketing track record, working on a wide array of partner marketing, business development, or demand generation within a B2B organization - preferably SaaS.
- Help the team create and improve strategy, messaging, and overall creative process.
- Collaborate and communicate cross-functionally throughout the organization.
- Create great partner related content, including brochures, webinar or video series, online guides, infographics, and web pages, along with relevant content for Partners, Sales, and Customers.
- A proven track record sourcing and developing business relationships to drive revenue.
- Work with partners to develop and deliver concepts, promotions through to execution.
- Working knowledge of marketing automation platforms and technology stack (e.g., Marketo and Salesforce).
- The ability to work well with ambiguity and lead projects to completion - preference if you’ve managed projects leveraging project management tools (We use Asana, but Wrike, Monday, etc. work as well).
WITHIN 1 MONTH, YOU’LL
- Complete Ramp Camp, our comprehensive onboarding program designed to get you up to speed on all aspects of the business with a cross-functional cohort of new Leveroos. You'll learn about our business, product, vision, and team and understand how your role fits into Lever's broader organization.
- Dive into learning about our suite’s products - including the benefits they deliver and how we position them. Shadow sales calls to learn more about the product and how we position it to potential customers.
- Complete demo certification of our core products so that you are fully equipped to demo Lever for existing and prospective partners.
- Meet with our primary (core partners) and introduce yourself to all partners with plans to meet within 45 days.
- Conduct initial meetings with three strategic partners to determine a baseline relationship. This should include metrics and opportunities for increasing the value of those relationships. Determine how we will structure the partnership through lead sharing, sales territory mapping, co-marketing, or other initiatives.
WITHIN 3 MONTHS, YOU’LL
- Full transitioned into the role and managing the partner marketing alias, web-page, and process.
- Get fully up to speed on our existing partnerships and the competitive landscape by meeting with existing partners, reviewing industry reports, meeting regularly with our Marketing and Product teams, and attending select meetings and events to deepen our partner ecosystem knowledge.
- Become the internal subject matter expert on existing partnerships. New Business and Success colleagues to self-service resources (Guru, battle cards), and drive clarity on new partnerships that expand our ecosystem and strengthen Lever's value proposition.
WITHIN 6 MONTHS, YOU’LL
- Partner with internal stakeholders to build out content for our customers to ensure they have the documentation they need to effectively utilize Lever and our partner’s product.
- Develop a sustainable and repeatable process to follow up with the Sales team on partner leads’ status.
- Work with Sales Operations to ensure all inbound partner leads are accurately routed to Sales for timely follow up and recommend steps to streamline further and automate the process.
- Own regular business reviews and close partnership with three of our strategic partners. This includes bi-weekly or monthly calls to measure adoption/traction, share what’s working and what’s not, leading up to quarterly reviews.
- Establish recurring monthly sessions for new Leveroos to learn about our partnerships and alliances function and a quarterly deep dive with sub-teams across Sales and Marketing.
- Own monthly sync with Sales leaders for our customer segments and Marketing leaders to review areas of collaboration, future opportunities, and room for improvement.
- Alongside the Sr. Product Marketing Manager, establish a framework and recommendations for executing our partnership strategy.
WITHIN 12 MONTHS, YOU’LL
- Work with the Sr. Product Marketing Manager to develop a 1 and 3-year plan for the function, including recommendations for the partnership marketing budget to help deliver on our revenue and other strategic goals.
- Partner with Product and Marketing as we continue to build a leading partner platform that delivers strong revenue generation and builds a strategic advantage for the business.
- Develop annual Partnerships and Alliances calendar of events. This should include recommended conferences and partner events to attend for maximum partner engagement and partner lunch and learns to enable our partners to engage with Lever’s Sales and Success teams.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
THE LEVER STORY
Lever builds modern recruiting software for teams to source, interview, and hire top talent. Our team strives to set a new bar for enterprise software with modern, well-designed, real-time apps. We participated in Y Combinator in summer 2012, and since then have raised $73 million. As the applicant tracking system of choice for Netflix, Eventbrite, ClearSlide, change.org, and thousands more leading companies, Lever means you hire the best by hiring together.
Lever is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives. Learn more about our team culture and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Apply to this job
Typical includes :
- Recruiter phone screen
- Hiring Manager phone screen
- Panel 1 (meet with the team and some cross functional team members)
- Panel 2 (may include a presentation and final interviews with the hiring manager and recruiter)