Webflow is a visual web development platform that empowers non-coders to create incredible experiences for the web. At Webflow, we’re on a mission to enable everyone to create for the web — and empower our team to lead fulfilling, impactful lives while we do it.
We’re looking for an experienced People Business Partner to help us empower managers to do their best work by providing coaching, learning, and development opportunities.
About the role:
- Location: US-remote or ON/BC, Canada
- Full Time
As a People Business Partner, you’ll:
- Partner with and support approx. 30 of our People Managers and their teams across Engineering, Product, Design, Data & Security on a recurring basis to create a feedback loop for the People Department, proactively manage manager performance concerns, coach managers through difficult conversations and keep teams informed of policies, guidelines, and processes
- Provide insight and support for the programs, systems, and education initiatives of other Business Partners and People & Org. Development team roles (Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, Lifecycle processes, Learning & Development, Total Rewards) while also leading specific initiatives with teams supported (e.g. Team Development Cycles)
- Conduct processes and facilitate conversations with Team Members during key lifecycle events such as investigations, ADA requests, terminations, performance improvement plans, role changes, manager changes, development plan building, etc.
- Mentor junior People Operations team members to support them with difficult situations, navigating feedback or compliance matters to expedite growth and confidence
- Recommend and provide expert labor law perspective and partner with various teams to carry out programs that meet the needs of our scaling business (e.g. Canada and global expansion)
- Partner with the legal team to navigate in depth compliance and policy development as we expand globally
That said, these responsibilities are just the start! At Webflow, we encourage you to contribute wherever your interests take you — and shape your role accordingly.
You’ll thrive in this role if you:
- Have experience coaching first-time managers, staying up-to-date on US & Canadian labor laws, and leading performance management initiatives
- Have experience leading teams that you can incorporate into your manager coaching sessions and problem-solving
- Possess a strong foundation in employment law, and have familiarity with globally distributed team dynamics, and can discern when a team member or manager request or complaint triggers a compliance-related process or escalation
- Default to empathy and first seek to understand the experiences of others before you jump into action or solutions
- Are comfortable delivering candor with care to your team and senior leaders
- Have experience designing new policies in both a compliant and progressive way
- Have led or managed team development processes or related programs
- Can confront difficult situations with a balance of relentless persistence and commitment to kindness (this job is tough)
- Nice to have - experience with supporting technical teams and relevant people lifecycle moments (e.g. performance reviews, etc)
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that meeting just 50% of a role’s requirements puts you in the running.
At Webflow, we believe that what we’re doing doesn’t define our success — so we focus on our “why" and "how"
To empower everyone to create for the web — and lead impactful, fulfilling lives while we do it.
Our Core Behaviors:
- Earn customer trust
- Get it done, do it right
- Practice candor with care
- Dream big, ship often
Our commitments to you
- We’ll pay you! This is a full-time, salaried position that includes equity
- We’ll invest in your physical and mental well-being with health, dental, and vision benefits and a monthly stipend for health and wellness expenses
- We’ll pay you to take a vacation … seriously. We’ll give you a $1,000 bonus for taking your first vacation with us that is more than 5 days
- We offer flexible parental leave
- We provide remote employees with the equipment they need to create a great remote work environment
- We will offer you the support you need to help you grow as an impactful People Business Partner and a human being
Ready to apply?
If you share our values and enthusiasm for empowering the world, we’d love to review your application! We promise we do take the time and care to review every application we receive. However, as much as we wish we could interview everyone who submits an application, we cannot guarantee an interview or feedback due to the unprecedented volume of applications we are receiving today. We are rooting for you, and hope you do consider applying.
Note: You'll need valid United States or Canadian work authorization to join us.
If you are extended an offer, that offer may be contingent upon your successful completion of a background check, which will be conducted in accordance with applicable laws. We may obtain one or more background screening reports about you, solely for employment purposes.
Webflow requires all new employees to submit proof of their COVID-19 vaccination status as a condition of their employment. As such, your failure to timely provide such information, upon Webflow's request, may result in the revocation of your offer or the termination of your employment with Webflow, as applicable. At this time, Webflow does not require fully remote employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. However, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination to work out of any Webflow office, visit an office, or attend any in person work events, including company off-sites, company sponsored social gatherings, and meetings. As such, at this time, we will only consider individuals who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for roles which require any in person work. If, due to the nature of your role, you are at any time during your employment required to work in person, but you are not fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to applicable regulations, your employment may be terminated. We are committed to maintaining a safe and inclusive workplace, and our vaccination policy will evolve in response to the changing risks and regulations associated with COVID-19.