One sunny Barcelona morning, two designers sat down to build a beautiful lead generation form for a bathroom company’s showroom. They ended up reimagining the data collection experience, and realized it was one idea they wouldn’t be flushing down the toilet. Today, Typeform is a team of over 300 people from more than 35 countries, with offices in Barcelona, Spain and San Francisco, US.
We’re building a world where brands, businesses, and their communities can have more personal relationships with the people who matter most. To do this, we give people the tools they need to have conversational experiences at scale—because meaningful relationships start with conversations.
From online lead forms and asynchronous video conversations, to face-to-face encounters in the office, help us build more meaningful relationships, one conversation at a time.
Typeform is a versatile platform used by customers across many jobs ranging from market research and customer feedback to customer acquisition or e-commerce checkout. Currently, every month close to 200,000 people sign up with Typeform.
About the role
Crafting meaningful conversational experiences start with building a delightful experience for our customers. That's why we've made the topics of Growth and Engagement top priorities in 2021 and are looking for a talented Director of Product Design: Growth and Engagement.
If you're excited about being a co-protagonist of the future of Typeform, then keep reading!
- Work with cross-functional product teams to create and deliver meaningful experiences for our customers (and their customers).
- Champion the people who use Typeform. Letting their needs guide us to the best solutions and inform the product roadmap.
- Serve as the voice of the customer from a product design perspective.
- Create innovative ux solutions and visual designs that inspire our teams and customers.
- Own design problems and the solutions from start to finish.
- Iterate and test solutions to check it solves the problem.
- Involve customers in product innovation that delivers value to users and growth.
- Promote best practice for product design across the whole company.
- Deeply understand our competitors and be curious and up to date with the latest digital experience trends
- Find out what matters to our users and customers through a close collaboration with the customer facing and research teams
- Identify gaps where data is needed and work closely with research to fill those gaps.
- Work with UX Researchers to understand the user needs, making proactive use of insights to set design principles.
- Work with UX Designers to define structure and layout of the product, informing design choices.
- A strong understanding of how design impacts commercial metrics.
- Manage at least 1 Product Designer in the short term and more as we build the team, both in the US and Europe.
- Actively participate in the continuous improvements of our processes and in the establishment of best practices within Product Design and across Typeform
- Collaborate with other Product Design leaders to make Typeform a destination employer for design.
- Foster an attitude of collaboration and a growth mindset across the organisation.
- Leverage and accompany other leaders within Typeform to build a best-in-class customer centric organization
- Mentor, recruit and grow more junior team members
- A minimum of 10+ years in Product Design, with at least 2 years in a leadership role
- You must have experience in designing in either in a B2B SaaS context or a B2C subscription one
- You have a proven track record for being an impact driven customer champion, and have a consistent history delivering results for both customers, and the business.
- You have a strong sense of product design, from high level strategic direction down to the smallest UI design details.
- You have strong design skills in UX design, Visual Design, or Product Design, and a portfolio to show the work.
- You’re confident designing with data, both qualitative and quantitative.
- You're familiar with SaaS metrics, product analytics and take a hypothesis driven approach to product design
- You are a team player and consider a win only if that was achieved as part of a broader plan that involves multiple internal stakeholders
- You love collaborating with Product, Engineering, Marketing, and Research and have first-hand experience using product discovery methods, design thinking and agile software development practices
- You're passionate about SaaS products and have a good knowledge of both the SMB and Enterprise SaaS ecosystem
- You're able to lead cross functionally and are comfortable speaking with any functions within Typeform
- You're a self-starter and dedicated to continuous self-development in the product management discipline
Think you’re a good fit? Hit Apply—success might be just around the corner 😉
*Today, more than 2.5M people from all over the world use Typeform. We celebrate the diversity of our customer base, and we want our employees to reflect those differences. At Typeform, we’re committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We strive to be an equal opportunity workplace.