Product Marketing Leader
San Francisco or remote
At Impira, we empower people to focus on their superpowers by automating away the routine. Millions of people spend hours each day rekeying data from documents, cataloging files, and searching for images. Our product allows nontechnical users to extract clean and structured data from files using artificial intelligence, making these processes instant and automatic. In just a few minutes you can drag & drop files into the product, label a few examples, and sit back & relax while Impira takes care of the rest. We’re proud to not only meaningfully impact companies’ bottom line but also boost employee morale and creativity with our product.
Under the hood, the Impira platform consists of advanced machine learning, database, and UI technology. Delivering an incredibly simple user experience for extracting data from complex documents is no easy task, requiring heavy collaboration across disciplines. We believe that operating with autonomy, trust, and support enables our employees to harness their superpowers and achieve extraordinary outcomes. Leaders at Impira focus on providing transparent context, coaching for long-term success, and getting out of the way. Our core values are empathy, empowerment, continuous improvement, boldness, ownership, and integrity.
Over the past year, we’ve redesigned our product to be self-service and incredibly easy to use. Now, most of our new users discover us online, sign up on our website, and start using our product to extract data out of documents. We are extremely encouraged by these early signs and believe that self-service adoption is our future. We are looking for someone to come in and help build a go-to-market strategy with a disruptive product in the automation space. You’ll develop a keen understanding of our technology roadmap, amazing customers and market and use this knowledge to prioritize and drive the right go-to-market efforts. You will craft the messaging and positioning to further accelerate our growth and design tactics that enable the sales and marketing teams.
An ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into benefits customers care about is critical, as well as an ability to think strategically about Impira’s product positioning. You’ll become an expert in the market, the buyers, how they buy and their decision criteria and will help transfer that knowledge to the sales and marketing teams. You will also lead strategic efforts including gaining a better understanding of the customer as well as our current (and future) competitors, driving new product launches and supporting go-to-market efforts. You will work closely with the product management team to develop and communicate our product strategy while ensuring our sales teams are equipped with everything they need to succeed.
As a product marketing leader, you will report to the CEO and collaborate tightly with engineering, design, and go-to-market functions to both define Impira’s product-led growth blueprint and execute against it.
What you’ll do
- Oversee product positioning and messaging, including mapping out the current competitive landscape and Impira’s relative position
- Plan and create sales and customer success enablement materials, including working alongside customers to produce case studies
- Partner with content marketing to create thought leadership assets, proprietary research, surveys
- Act as the primary liaison between product, sales, and marketing to stay on top of product roadmap and/or milestones
- Successfully capture and communicate key value propositions to customer-facing teams and new hires
- Own the Impira thought leadership platform - Devise, launch and communicate on proprietary research, surveys and thought leadership reports
- Own customer stories and the creation of relevant use cases. Create customer relationships to be leveraged in demand generation and thought leadership programs.
- Build a marketing framework and process between product, sales and marketing for product releases, customer needs, etc.
- Help manage our go-to-market strategy from tracking effectiveness and using results to make data-informed decisions to product positioning and competitive analysis
- Stay up-to-date with industry and competitor news and research
What we are looking for
- 5+ years of product marketing experience, ideally in a high growth B2B SaaS company
- RPA and automation industry experience highly desired but not required
- Proficient in translating and condensing highly technical product offerings and concepts for a wide variety of audiences
- Demonstrated ability to dive into a product and become a champion and promote features, use cases, and value propositions to customers
- Experience working in marketing teams with proven success and high initiative in the creation and execution of effective demand generation marketing campaigns
- Demonstrated experience furthering product expansion within an organization, ensuring that the foothold expands to all potential customers within the company. Possesses the ability to help Impira assess opportunities for expansion, and could define and develop a structure within Impira to support this, if the opportunity is deemed high.
- Top notch written and verbal communication skills
- A high EQ and ability to build rapport with different people quickly in a highly collaborative environment