One sunny Barcelona morning, two designers sat down to build a beautiful lead gen form for a bathroom company’s showroom. They ended up reimagining the data collection experience, and realized it was one idea they wouldn’t be flushing down the toilet. Today, Typeform is a team of over 300 people from more than 35 countries, with offices in Barcelona, Spain and San Francisco, US.
We’re building a world where brands, businesses, and their communities can have more personal relationships with the people who matter most. To do this, we give people the tools they need to have conversational experiences at scale—because meaningful relationships start with conversations.
From online lead forms and engaging quizzes, to face-to-face encounters in the office, help us build more meaningful relationships, one conversation at a time.
About the Team
At Typeform, the Data team is making data our #1 asset. And we know how important that is— our product helps people collect information in the best way possible, by making it conversational.
That’s why we need you. Marketing Insights is looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join our Branding and Marketing Growth swarm in a mission to help our customers understand Typeform and our value proposition, and realise value as quickly as possible in their user journey.
The Marketing Insights Team is focused on unlocking customer acquisition and engagement through continuous quantitative and qualitative insights and analytics. We are responsible for Market Research, Data Analysis, Data Visualization, and development of optimization models to enable data-driven decisions and automated optimizations in Marketing.
About the Role
What you'll do:
- Derive insights from our customers behaviours & journeys to grow and optimize our marketing efforts as well as identify optimal communication channels and strategies.
- Develop and continuously improve our Growth Model: ensure we focus our marketing efforts on the right problem at the right time.
- Continuously generate data-driven hypotheses and advocate on testing best practices, contributing to accelerate our testing cycles.
- Develop non-production machine learning models to predict user & new customer engagement that will eventually get deployed by a ML Engineer/ ML Expert.
- Define benchmarks, goals, and KPIs and help our Data Viz Expert develop dashboards to visualize the marketing funnel from awareness to purchase and assess the impact of marketing campaigns.
- Communicate results and insights from your analyses to our top stakeholders, including investors and out Leadership Team.
Here's what we are after:
- You've got 5+ years of experience as a data scientist in a Marketing Organization.
- You have experience with A/B and Multivariate test design and implementation.
- You are proficient in programming (Python/R is a must) and building queries with SQL.
- You have a proven track record of statistical modeling/applied machine learning with a focus on revenue growth, sales, marketing and/or business development. Examples of your projects may include lead generation, LTV and user segmentation.
- You value simple and effective solutions over complicated brain-melters.
- You're a great communicator. You can take a complex concept and make it sound simple, using clear visual references to help.
- You like taking on big challenges—given the appropriate time and resources.
- You're hungry to learn and embrace healthy debate.
- You're empathic, enthusiastic, and collaborative.
- You enjoy helping others grow through constant feedback and mentorship.
- You're fluent in English and eager to work in a multicultural, international environment.
It'd be amazing if:
- You've got extended experience working in the SaaS industry.
- You've worked in a company that's committed to fast growth.
- You're proficient with Looker.
- You have some experience with Scala/Java.
- You've got working knowledge of Big Data technologies (e.g. Spark).
- You have experience with cloud systems.
Think you’re a good fit? Hit apply—success might be just around the corner 😉
*Today, more than 2.5M people from all over the world use Typeform. We celebrate the diversity of our customer base, and we want our employees to reflect those differences. At Typeform, we’re committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We strive to be a more equal opportunity workplace.