A BIT ABOUT US
Lever's vision is connecting human potential to meaningful work. Hiring is the most strategic challenge that every company faces, and Lever is one of the most recognized brands in talent acquisition software. As the innovation leader in our space, we are searching for great people to join us and push further.
We are proud of the company we’ve built so far, but we are even more excited for what is yet to come. Our 5000+ customers include global leaders, startups that are disrupting industries, and businesses around the world. Lever has raised $123 million in funding, most recently a $50M Series D in November 2021.
With an overall gender ratio of 50:50 women and men, Lever is also fiercely committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion. We have been certified as a “Great Place to Work”, along with “Best Company Outlook 2022,” and “Forbes Best Startup Employers 2022,” and the list keeps growing! Our people are Lever’s biggest competitive advantage. For more information on our team culture, visit https://inside.lever.co/.
Lever seeks a talented Events Marketing professional to develop events that will lead our company’s brand and demand gen efforts both at in-person and virtual events. As the Senior Events Marketing Manager, you will be supporting a portfolio of highly effective and visible strategic events and programs that support the company’s pipeline and revenue goals. We participate in several events each year, including webinars (third-party, partners, or self-produced), virtual summits, trade shows, regional events, strategic events (e.g., roundtables), and our own Lever events (e.g., user groups, customer advisory boards, product announcements, and Lever’s customer conference).
In this new era of event attendance and preferences, this role is responsible for driving high visibility through all promotional angles to deliver an optimal experience. This role is best suited for a data-driven high-achiever with a proven ability to develop B2B marketing programs on a strategic and tactical level.
The successful candidate must possess excellent leadership qualities and communication strategy with a high degree of organization. You will need a strong background working cross-functionally with sales, marketing, creative/design, and operations to achieve messaging and planning to execute a well-detailed event. You will also spearhead event marketing strategy, including but not limited to show planning, registrations and attendance, securing speaking opportunities, representing Lever at industry events, and working with event platforms and tools to execute on programs.
As the event marketing leader, you will work closely with the broader marketing team and organization to develop promotional experiences that help drive business growth and create opportunities for our customers and prospects to have quality engagements with Lever. We are in a fast-paced category; this position requires working under tight deadlines and with maximum flexibility.
This is an excellent opportunity for a marketing professional interested in growing their event marketing craft, and spearheading Lever’s event strategy. This role has high exposure cross-functionally, with external vendors, and with executive leadership. Second, to our website, events are the next largest digital and offline footprint that exemplifies our category leadership and brand positioning.
The Senior Events Marketing Manager will have ample independence and creative latitude to continually test, measure, learn and evolve our events programs. The demand generation team has direct access to our target audience, creating live conversations that drive awareness around our solutions and offerings as they correlate to their needs. As a functional leader driving results, this role will report directly to the VP of Demand Generation.
Lever’s Marketing team is a tight-knit team with diverse backgrounds--our mission is to build a strong brand and sustainable demand for Lever by showcasing a product and experience our prospects and customers can’t live without in order to change the industry’s mindset around hiring.
THE SKILL SET
- ***Previous SaaS marketing experience is required.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
- 5-7 years of proven success guiding strategic events and programs that engage and delight customers and employees.
- Ability to liaise with senior leaders to ensure a smooth and successful experience and enhance ROI.
- Direct experience producing webinars, virtual and on-site events
- Amazing project management and communication skills. Asana preferred.
- Resourceful, self-motivated, and able to independently prioritize shifting workloads in an ever-changing environment.
- Ability to work in a matrix organization structure.
- Passionate about making the world of work, work better for people
- A creative spark, as expressed in ideas for messaging, creative design, etc.
- Must pay maniacal attention to detail, strong project management, and time management skills
- Creative, innovative, resourceful, with a get-it-done mentality
- Ability to work successfully in an ever-changing environment with competing priorities
WITHIN 1 MONTH, YOU'LL
- Complete Ramp Camp, our onboarding program designed to get you up to speed on our business, vision, and team.
- Meet with key stakeholders from Marketing, Sales, Customer Success & Support, People (HR), Legal, and other teams to get a better understanding of our industry, competitors, business, OKRs, and differentiators and how your work fits in.
- Identify opportunities in our technology and partnership abilities in order to scale to business needs.
- Identify the full list of events (third party for fiscal year)
WITHIN 3 MONTHS, YOU'LL
- Create a 3-5 month plan of webinars and partnership events outline
- Stabilize and establish best practices and processes
- Analytics Evaluation - to understand what we are measuring and enhancements
- Establish goals and OKRs for event marketing
- Plan and calendar kick-offs for quarterly events
- Outline, engage and design Lever customer events (Summit, Product Releases, etc.)
WITHIN 6 MONTHS, YOU'LL
- Work with the Web and Creative Team - updating the events website and improve SEO
- Establish benchmark report and goals - how are we going to measure event success?
- Be fully enabled to pre- and post-promote events and build corresponding landing pages, emails, banners, social, etc.
- Secure 3 to 5 speaking events for Lever Leadership (e-staff and department leaders)
WITHIN 12 MONTHS, YOU'LL
- Outline of field events protocols and hybrid ABM plan
- Establish best practices and show marked growth of leads that progress to become SQLs with events as first touch and multi-touch.
- Assess what worked and what didn’t work with an assessment for next fiscal year planning
- Execute Lever customer conference, several product release events, support CABs and User Groups
Is this role not an exact fit?
The Lever story
Lever is a leading Talent Acquisition Suite that makes it easy for talent teams to reach their hiring goals and to connect companies with top talent. Lever is the only platform that provides all talent acquisition leaders with complete ATS and robust CRM capabilities in one product, LeverTRM. The LeverTRM features allow leaders to scale and grow their people pipeline, build authentic and long-lasting relationships, and source the right people to hire. Lever Analytics provides customized reports with data visualization, see offers completed and interview feedback, and more, to inform strategic decisions between hiring managers and executives alike.
Our platform also enables companies to hire with inclusivity in mind, helping eliminate any hiring bias. Lever supports the hiring needs of over 5,000 companies around the globe including the teams at Netflix, Spotify, Atlassian, KPMG, and Nielsen. For more information, visit https://www.lever.co.
Apply to this job
Typical includes :
- Recruiter phone screen
- Hiring Manager phone screen
- Panel 1 (meet with the team and some cross functional team members)
- Panel 2 (may include a presentation and final interviews with the hiring manager and recruiter)