At Impira, we empower people to focus on their superpowers by automating away the routine. Millions of people spend hours each day rekeying data from documents, cataloging files, and searching for images. Our product allows nontechnical users to extract clean and structured data from files using artificial intelligence, making these processes instant and automatic. In just a few minutes you can drag & drop files into the product, label a few examples, and sit back & relax while Impira takes care of the rest. We’re proud to not only meaningfully impact companies’ bottom line but also boost employee morale and creativity with our product.
Under the hood, the Impira platform consists of advanced machine learning, database, and UI technology. Delivering an incredibly simple user experience for extracting data from complex documents is no easy task, requiring heavy collaboration across disciplines. We believe that operating with autonomy, trust, and support enables our employees to harness their superpowers and achieve extraordinary outcomes. Leaders at Impira focus on providing transparent context, coaching for long-term success, and getting out of the way. Our core values are empathy, empowerment, continuous improvement, boldness, ownership, and integrity.
We are building an AI-Powered Data Intelligence platform that processes millions of images, videos, and documents along with their associated data records. With a fast growing customer base, we are hiring for a Software Engineer, Database Engine to help optimize our existing systems as well as oversee the design, architecture, and implementation of new systems that will improve how customer data is incrementally processed, updated, stored, and indexed for high-performance querying. Successful candidates will leverage their deep expertise in systems design, storage engineering, database internals, and/or language design for new capabilities and features.
- Design solutions to address hard storage, indexing, ingestion, and querying problems, unique to image and video data processing
- Apply systems engineering fundamentals to optimize efficiency and increase processing throughput
- Scaling the engine to process petabyte streams of image and video data in real-time by utilizing lambda computing and compression techniques
- Increasing inference efficiency by identifying and addressing performance bottlenecks
- Upholding a high standard of code quality through code reviews and extensive testing
What we’re looking for
- 4+ years of industry experience in a systems infrastructure or software engineering role
- Professional experience with distributed, compiler, database, operating, and/or cloud systems
- Professional experience with C++ or Golang
- Interest in a wide variety of technical projects, ranging from developing ML infrastructure to scaling our analytics engine
- Experience shipping infrastructure software in a production environment
- Experience working with AWS or GCP is a plus
- Attention to detail and care for writing high-quality, clean, and scalable code
- Bachelor's/Master’s/Graduate degree in Computer Science (or equivalent)
Impira is headquartered in San Francisco and has raised Series B funding from top institutional investors and industry leaders. Our investors and advisors are hands-on and work closely with us to achieve our growth ambitions.
To all recruitment agencies: Impira does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Impira employees. Impira is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with the Company.