*Impira is now open to full-time remote employees based in North America.
At Impira, we empower people to focus on their superpowers by automating away the routine. Millions of people spend hours each day rekeying data from documents, cataloging files, and searching for images. Our product allows nontechnical users to extract clean and structured data from files using artificial intelligence, making these processes instant and automatic. In just a few minutes you can drag & drop files into the product, label a few examples, and sit back & relax while Impira takes care of the rest. We’re proud to not only meaningfully impact companies’ bottom line but also boost employee morale and creativity with our product.
Under the hood, the Impira platform consists of advanced machine learning, database, and UI technology. Delivering an incredibly simple user experience for extracting data from complex documents is no easy task, requiring heavy collaboration across disciplines. We believe that operating with autonomy, trust, and support enables our employees to harness their superpowers and achieve extraordinary outcomes. Leaders at Impira focus on providing transparent context, coaching for long-term success, and getting out of the way. Our core values are empathy, empowerment, continuous improvement, boldness, ownership, and integrity.
You will have a leading role in scaling Impira’s infrastructure to handle the next order of magnitude of customers, associated data, and user activity. As a company we must deliver a robust and reliable service, while still maintaining flexibility to trial and develop new technology and product ideas. Specifically our infrastructure faces a few interesting challenges: Our asset processing infrastructure includes running complex computer vision models, and must be able to expand capability during times of heavy load when lots of new assets are queued to be processed. Secondly, one of our primary differentiators is offering fast and powerful search and API accessibility over our data through Elasticsearch and Postgres, which requires thoughtful design for scalability and reliability.
You will be leading our investments in the cloud infrastructure which powers these systems. This includes providing direction for our overall AWS cloud architecture to account for scalability, disaster recovery, testing environments, and smooth deployments. It also includes thoughtfully building upon the infrastructure as code which manages and codifies our systems and their deployments.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Scaling our infrastructure and facilitating robust development, high performance, and distributed systems while minimizing complexity
- Bootstrapping our company cloud infrastructure culture and best practices
- Own and grow our AWS infrastructure against a scaling engineering team and global user base
- Developing robust code to automate interaction with cloud infrastructure such as generating cloudformation templates, handling deployments, etc.
- Enable robust handling of integrations with third party services, as well processing of heavy modern machine learning workloads on image and video data
- Upholding a high standard of code quality through code reviews and extensive testing
What we are looking for:
- Industry experience in cloud deployment and development in at least one of AWS, GCP, or Azure (knowing their power and their pain points).
- Experience with infrastructure as code, and building with automated infrastructure tools (such as Cloudformation, Terraform, Packer, Puppet, Chef)
- Familiarity with CI/CD systems
- Familiarity with containerization and/or orchestration technologies is a plus
- An advocate for reliability, security, customer trust, and engineering productivity enabled by cloud infrastructure
- A balanced approach to leveraging new technology and time-tested solutions
- Empathy for the team and our users
- Desire to be part of the early stage of a company, with an appreciation for balancing a hypothesis-driven culture with building a solid foundation for the future
- Curiosity for computer vision, AI, and complex data pipelines
Impira is headquartered in San Francisco and has raised Series B funding from top institutional investors and industry leaders. Our investors and advisors are hands-on and work closely with us to achieve our growth ambitions.
To all recruitment agencies: Impira does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Impira employees. Impira is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with the Company.