Love dogs? This is the place for you!
Discover your dog more than fur deep with the most comprehensive DNA test on the market. Designed by world leaders in dog genetics, in partnership with Cornell University, the Embark DNA Test tells owners what breeds make up their pets, how to prevent future possible health problems, and what features and traits their pet might have. Help us end preventable disease in dogs and improve the lives of pets and their people through genomics.
Embark is the only dog DNA test using a research-grade DNA microarray, letting us give our customers the most accurate and comprehensive results on the market. More importantly, it allows us to do ongoing research into the genetics of dogs, which are a fantastic population for genetic discovery due to selective breeding over time. Our research focuses on mapping new traits and diseases, improving personalized veterinary medicine, and developing new breeding programs to eliminate preventable diseases in pets.
Embark’s Professional Services team is dedicated to helping dog breeders incorporate genetic health testing into their breeding programs. Doing so helps ensure healthier dogs are born, and over time can improve the overall health and longevity of breed populations. The Embark for Breeders DNA Test also provides useful information for the puppy buyers to help manage the lifelong care of the dog.
Social Media Coordinator & Community Manager
We are looking for a social media maven to join our team. You’ll be in charge of driving brand awareness and engagement, amplifying brand storytelling, supporting content creation, and building strategic partnerships. You will own the development of social-specific content and work closely with the creative team to source visual content for monthly social calendars.
In addition, as the Community Manager for the Professional Services team you will expand Embark’s relationships with numerous partner groups and individuals across the canine community, supporting these brand advocates with content, discounts, and other resources primarily via Facebook but also through email, live video events, and other channels.
Interested in joining? We’re looking for highly motivated and driven employees who will help us stay on the cutting edge of creativity and innovation in the fast-growing consumer genetics space.
- Own the “Embark for Breeders” social media activity by executing strategic campaigns, leveraging contests, live video, and other tactics
- Write copy, schedule, and publish posts using good judgment of the Embark for Breeders brand voice
- Interact with creative team to ensure assets are provided in advance of posting dates
- Partner with content marketers to support cross-channel campaigns and maximize engagement with target audiences
- Recommend and implement use of other social media channels as appropriate to increase engagement with target audience of dog breeders
- To further build an engaged community, utilize email, live video events, and other activities to distribute content and support strategic marketing goals.
- Deploy monthly social media marketing budget with focus on maximizing ROI
- Interact with Embark’s marketing team to strategize ad-management
- Manage monthly reporting of social media KPIs against goals
- Utilize your strong attention to detail and hyper-organization to track and manage source codes, ref markers, and other URL tagging for social reporting
- Partner with customer service to manage response rate on Facebook, ensuring inbound comments and messages are responded to and followed up on
- Identify and leverage user-generated content to drive engagement and acquisition
- Generate a thriving influencer community by providing collateral, expert content, discounts, and other resources via Facebook, email, and other channels
- Previous experience as owner of social media content calendar
- Experience assessing ROI and deploying funds on Facebook via promoted posts, paid-ads, and other tactics
- Proficiency in third-party social media tools and native Facebook management tools
- Expertise in using keywords to write social media copy and maximize post engagement
- Experience establishing metrics, gleaning community insights, and reporting/recommending strategies that achieve marketing goals
- Expert understanding of Facebook’s best practices design, functionality, and users (best time to post, tagging influencers, character limits, leveraging groups, event pages, etc.)
- Employ a highly proactive and data-oriented approach to identify new ways to engage difficult-to-reach audiences
- Preferred: Account management experience in B2B settings
- Team player with a passion to work closely with others while maintaining an entrepreneurial, self-starter spirit
- Passion for dogs, genetics, and the future of canine care
What We Offer:
- Competitive salaries, health care, and equity participation
- Startup perks with big-company benefits
- A flexible vacation policy along with paid maternal and paternal leave
- Dog-friendly office near South Station, Boston
- Fully-stocked office snack bar and regular office events
- Perks tailored for dog lovers including subsidized dog-walking services and paw-ternity leave
- New iMacs and MacBook Pros
- Ability to work from home during Covid-19
Embark is an equal opportunity workplace and values diversity at our company. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, age, disability status, marital status, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state or local laws. See also EEO is the Law.