Smartcar is on a mission to make it easy for everyone to use the apps and services they love with their car. We build developer-friendly APIs which makes it easy for businesses to integrate their products with vehicles of any brand using a single integration.
Founded in 2015, Smartcar has raised $36M from Andreessen Horowitz, New Enterprise Associates, and Energize Ventures. We are now the leading developer platform for mobility businesses across North America and Europe serving amazing customers including brands like British Petroleum (BP), Turo, NRG, and more.
Innovative mobility companies use our API platform to verify mileage, issue digital car keys, manage EV charging schedules, monitor fleets, and much more.
As one of Smartcar’s Software Engineers, you will be responsible for writing and maintaining back-end systems to support several applications in Smartcar’s offering that are focused around our Developer and Vehicle Owner’s experience.
All of our openings are remote within California. We'd love for you to join us!
- Develop features that are thoroughly tested and performant
- Write clean code that meets engineering standards and best practices
- Write and maintain documentation around back-end ecosystems
- Advocate for improvements around code quality and user experience
- Collaborate with other engineers through code reviews, pair programming, and project planning sessions
- Communicate with internal stakeholders to ensure quality and timely delivery
Who You Are
- 1-2 years of experience building web applications and back-end systems
- Experience using modern back-end frameworks such as Express (Node.js)
- Familiarity with SQL databases such as MySQL or PostgreSQL
- Comfortable owning projects end-to-end
- Ability to ship features in a timely manner
- Communicates problems and solutions clearly and effectively
- Enjoys mentoring peers on the team
- Degree in computer science or related field
Compensation and Benefits Package
- Base salary determined by years of experience: $108,500 - $115,00
- Remote work within CA
- Health, Dental and Vision covered at 90% for all plans and 80% coverage for dependents, which amounts to approximately $11,000 a year
- 401K matching at 4%
- Unlimited PTO
- Wellness stipend of $50 a month
- Cell phone and Internet stipend of $50 a month
- $300 yearly learning and development stipend
- $350 work-from-home stipend
- 8 weeks of 100% paid parental leave with a 1-week half day ramp back time and a 5 week Freshly subscription
- 10 days of paid bereavement leave
- We currently offer sponsorship opportunities for this role
Smartcar is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to reach out, in confidence, to mathilde@smartcar with how we can help make your interview process as comfortable as possible and how we can provide reasonable accommodations.
Apply to this job