At Impira, we empower people to focus on their superpowers by automating away the routine. Millions of people spend hours each day rekeying data from documents, cataloging files, and searching for images. Our product allows nontechnical users to extract clean and structured data from files using artificial intelligence, making these processes instant and automatic. In just a few minutes you can drag & drop files into the product, label a few examples, and sit back & relax while Impira takes care of the rest. We’re proud to not only meaningfully impact companies’ bottom line but also boost employee morale and creativity with our product.
Under the hood, the Impira platform consists of advanced machine learning, database, and UI technology. Delivering an incredibly simple user experience for extracting data from complex documents is no easy task, requiring heavy collaboration across disciplines. We believe that operating with autonomy, trust, and support enables our employees to harness their superpowers and achieve extraordinary outcomes. Leaders at Impira focus on providing transparent context, coaching for long-term success, and getting out of the way. Our core values are empathy, empowerment, continuous improvement, boldness, ownership, and integrity.
We are building an AI-Powered Data Intelligence platform that processes millions of images, videos, and documents along with their associated data records. With a fast growing customer base, we are hiring for a Software Engineer, Machine Learning to work on the design and development of the machine learning algorithms and models that make semi-supervised automation of document and image processing possible. Successful candidates will leverage their theoretical and practical expertise in statistical machine learning, deep learning, and computer vision.
- Developing computer vision and machine learning models, targeted at real-world problems
- Performing low-level performance analysis of machine learning infrastructure to facilitate training and inference
- Working closely with other team members to present modern computer vision techniques in an understandable way to users
- Participating in design discussions for entirely new areas of the product
- Contributing to the analytics engine that powers the platform
- Upholding a high standard of code quality through code reviews and extensive testing
What we’re looking for
- 4+ years of experience building applied computer vision and machine learning systems
- Strong familiarity with Python, numerical programming packages (e.g. NumPy, SciPy), and a broad knowledge of APIs and open source libraries
- Familiarity with Tensorflow (or another large scale computation framework) and supporting libraries(e.g. Keras) toward deep learning applications
- Experience shipping software in a production environment
- Attention to detail and care for providing valuable insights to customers
- Familiarity with Golang or C++ is a plus
- Bachelor's/Master’s/Graduate degree in Computer Science (or equivalent)
Impira is headquartered in San Francisco and has raised Series B funding from top institutional investors and industry leaders. Our investors and advisors are hands-on and work closely with us to achieve our growth ambitions.
To all recruitment agencies: Impira does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Impira employees. Impira is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with the Company.