Impira is on a mission to make work-life simpler, more productive and more meaningful. That’s why we built Impira, an AI platform for business users, not just data scientists. Impira manages unstructured data, such as documents, videos, images, audio, and webpages, and by understanding the context and attributes, bridges this information into a structured format. This unleashes more creativity, improves workflows and data-driven decision making, and builds more efficient operations. Unlike many AI vendors, Impira empowers business users to build and train the models that give structured access to unstructured data to enable new levels of data transparency.
Our culture emphasizes transparency, empathy, accountability, curiosity, and continuous improvement. We believe that people do their best work with autonomy, trust, and support from their colleagues, and we encourage collaboration across and within departments and geographies. Our leaders empower their teams by providing transparent context, rolling up their sleeves, and coaching for long-term success.
We are building an AI-Powered Data Intelligence platform that processes millions of images, videos, and documents along with their associated data records. With a fast growing customer base, we are hiring for a Software Engineer, Database Engine to help optimize our existing systems as well as oversee the design, architecture, and implementation of new systems that will improve how customer data is incrementally processed, updated, stored, and indexed for high-performance querying. Successful candidates will leverage their deep expertise in systems design, storage engineering, database internals, and/or language design for new capabilities and features.
- Developing computer vision and machine learning models, targeted at real-world problems
- Performing low-level performance analysis of machine learning infrastructure to facilitate training and inference
- Working closely with other team members to present modern computer vision techniques in an understandable way to users
- Participating in design discussions for entirely new areas of the product
- Contributing to the analytics engine that powers the platform
- Upholding a high standard of code quality through code reviews and extensive testing
What we’re looking for
- 4+ years of experience building applied computer vision and machine learning systems
- Strong familiarity with Python, numerical programming packages (e.g. NumPy, SciPy), and a broad knowledge of APIs and open source libraries
- Familiarity with Tensorflow (or another large scale computation framework) and supporting libraries(e.g. Keras) toward deep learning applications
- Experience shipping software in a production environment
- Attention to detail and care for providing valuable insights to customers
- Familiarity with Golang or C++ is a plus
- Bachelor's/Master’s/Graduate degree in Computer Science (or equivalent)
Impira is headquartered in San Francisco and has raised Series B funding from top institutional investors and industry leaders. Our investors and advisors are hands-on and work closely with us to achieve our growth ambitions.
To all recruitment agencies: Impira does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Impira employees. Impira is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with the Company.