Farmer’s Fridge is on a mission to make it simple for everyone to eat well. We serve healthy, handcrafted meals and snacks from our growing network of 400+ Smart Fridges (software-enabled vending machines). We are striving to change the food system from the ground up – one Fridge or delivery at a time.
We are a team that cares -– about the business, the impact our product makes, and each other. We are data-driven, innovative, and quick to move on a good idea. We are looking for people who want to collaborate in an entrepreneurial, inclusive culture and have a passion to succeed.
The Senior Accountant will be responsible for helping drive day-to-day accounting operations and monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting. This role will be critical in establishing scalable processes as the company continues to grow and change.
The Senior Accountant will be...
- Performing month-end close tasks and assist with preparing financial statements and analysis
- Preparing required journal entries (accruals, prepaid amortization, fixed asset depreciation, etc.)
- Reviewing GL accounts for mis-coded transactions and perform fluctuation analysis for material changes in account balances
- Preparing internal consolidated reporting and provide commentary on changes
- Support daily operations for functions like accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Assisting in providing materials for external parties, such as auditors and tax accountants
- Prepare balance sheet and bank reconciliations
- Partnering with teams across organization to build scalable processes that will help provide timely and accurate reporting
What are we looking for in a Senior Accountant?
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or another business-related field
- 3+years of accounting experience
- CPA certification
- Fixed Asset management experience
- System Implementation experience
- Intermediate to Advanced Proficiency in MS Excel/Google Sheets (Pivot Tables, LOOKUPS, Index Matches, etc)
- Experience working with QuickBooks and Bill.com preferred (similar product knowledge acceptable)
Benefits at Farmer's Fridge:
In This Together - Our HQ employees are currently working from home, but we stay connected virtually with weekly town hall meetings, social hours, and remote game nights. Our bonus roles as taste testers are also still intact! You can sample what new items we’re cooking up in our test kitchen with our menu team’s no-contact "employee drive-thru".
Happier Weekdays - Each day at work should fill you with joy, not dread. We're a fun and passionate group, and we don't take ourselves too seriously. Bring your unique self to work, dress comfortably, and always feel free to share your thoughts and opinions. We encourage curiosity and inquiry; there's no hierarchy here when we're all swapping ideas.
Innovate & Elevate - We're all teachers and learners. You'll grow, and help grow the company through cross-functional collaboration, open access to leadership, and regular business updates. You have a direct impact on the company’s bottom line. You can also impact your personal bottom line by participating in our 401(k) plan that includes a company match with immediate vesting, and you'll succeed alongside our business with our bonus and equity plans.
Farmer’s Fridge is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
View our disclosures related to External Agencies and Applicants below: https://www.farmersfridge.com/careerdisclosures
Typically includes :
- Recruiter Phone Interview
- Hiring Manager Phone Interview
- On-site/Zoom Interview (Meeting with a few team members and cross-functional teams members). Will usually include discussing a case study or coding exercise prepared in advance.