Farmer’s Fridge is on a mission to make it simple for everyone to eat well. We serve healthy, handcrafted meals and snacks from our growing network of 400+ software-enabled vending machines that we refer to as smart Fridges. We are striving to change the food system from the ground up – one Fridge or delivery at a time.
We are a team that cares -– about the business, the impact our product makes, and each other. We are data-driven, innovative, and quick to move on a good idea. We are looking for people who want to collaborate in an entrepreneurial, inclusive culture and have a passion to succeed.
About this job:
You will work on the Consumer Experience team to architect and develop the front end experiences for our digital ecosystem. Your influence will extend beyond the code that you write by also mentoring the more junior engineers on your team. The result of your work is a positive user experience.
- A primary focus of your work will be the website. Your initiatives could pave the way for consumer web ordering (B2C) and further personalizing the CX at our fridges.
- You will need to collaborate closely with the Product and Design. You understand your individual tasks and projects and how they fit into company objectives.
- You will draw on your experience and creativity to present new ideas and solutions to problems. You already know the rules - now your keen understanding allows you to push boundaries.
Necessary knowledge, skills and experience:
- You must have experience with React
- 5+ years of Front End development experience preferably related to consumer products or e-commerce.
- Ideally, you have worked on greenfield development projects
- Flexible. You know how to switch gears quickly. Sometimes you have to abandon long-time projects and switch to something new. You think of everything as a learning experience.
- Communicator. You know how to talk about your work to people who aren’t familiar with the lingo. You also listen to and strive to understand other people’s work and ideas.
- Honest. You know your limitations and when something hasn’t worked the way you wanted it to. You talk candidly about your success and failure because you know it’s best to be upfront.
- Improvement Oriented. Your wheels are always spinning about ways to do things better and more efficiently. You consider unexpected angles.
- Independent. Your experience is the wind beneath your wings. You don’t need to be trained and can hit the ground running.
- Vision. You think in big pictures. Sometimes your ideas are far fetched but you constantly rework them until they’re attainable goals.
Benefits at Farmer's Fridge:
In This Together - Our HQ employees are currently working from home, but we stay connected virtually with weekly town hall meetings, social hours, and remote game nights. Our bonus roles as taste testers are also still intact! You can sample what new items we’re cooking up in our test kitchen with our menu team’s no-contact "employee drive-thru".
Happier Weekdays - Each day at work should fill you with joy, not dread. We're a fun and passionate group, and we don't take ourselves too seriously. Bring your unique self to work, dress comfortably, and always feel free to share your thoughts and opinions. We encourage curiosity and inquiry; there's no hierarchy here when we're all swapping ideas.
Innovate & Elevate - We're all teachers and learners. You'll grow, and help grow the company through cross-functional collaboration, open access to leadership, and regular business updates. You have a direct impact on the company’s bottom line. You can also impact your personal bottom line by participating in our 401(k) plan that includes a company match with immediate vesting, and you'll succeed alongside our business with our bonus and equity plans.
Farmer’s Fridge is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
View our disclosures related to External Agencies and Applicants below: https://www.farmersfridge.com/careerdisclosures
Typically includes :
- Recruiter Phone Interview
- Hiring Manager Phone Interview
- On-site/Zoom Interview (Meeting with a few team members and cross-functional teams members). Will usually include discussing a case study or coding exercise prepared in advance.