Smartcar is on a mission to make it easy for everyone to use the apps and services they love with their car. We build developer-friendly APIs which makes it easy for businesses to integrate their products with vehicles of any brand using a single integration.
Founded in 2015, Smartcar has raised $36M from Andreessen Horowitz, New Enterprise Associates, and Energize Ventures. We are now the leading developer platform for mobility businesses across North America and Europe serving amazing customers including brands like British Petroleum (BP), Turo, NRG, and more.
Innovative mobility companies use our API platform to verify mileage, issue digital car keys, manage EV charging schedules, monitor fleets, and much more.
As Smartcar’s first Support Engineer, you will be the primary technical contact for customers and you will play a critical role in our overall developer experience. You will work closely with Customer Success, Product and Engineering to help troubleshoot and escalate complex technical issues.
In this role you will report directly to Victor Black, who is the Director of Customer Success.
All of our openings are remote within California. We’d love for you to join us!
- Be a Smartcar API expert
- Own all inbound technical support requests from vehicle owners and customers across the US and Europe
- Work with Engineering to understand and resolve complex technical issues
- Write and maintain in-depth troubleshooting documentation for internal and external purposes
- Collaborate with Customer Success to provide additional support during onboarding and implementation for small to enterprise level accounts
- Serve as the Voice of the Customer internally by identifying challenges and proposing improvements to our products and processes
- Navigate Smartcar’s technical stack to point engineers at specific issues
Who You Are
- 1-7 years of experience in a Support or Success Engineer role or equivalent at a B2B SaaS company
- At least 1 year of client-facing or customer service experience
- Experience working with and troubleshooting APIs
- Strong technical and troubleshooting skills
- Comfortable with navigating ambiguity while balancing competing priorities, gauging impact, and selectively escalating
- Data driven mindset with experience with BI/data tools like Metabase, Tableau, or similar
- Excellent verbal & written communication
Compensation and Benefits Package
- Base salary determined by years of experience: $80,000 - $145,000
- Remote work within CA
- Health, Dental and Vision covered at 90% for all plans and 80% coverage for dependents, which amounts to approximately $11,000 a year
- 401K matching at 4%
- Unlimited PTO
- Wellness stipend of $50 a month
- Cell phone and Internet stipend of $50 a month
- $300 yearly learning and development stipend
- $350 work-from-home stipend
- 8 weeks of 100% paid parental leave with a 1-week half day ramp back time and a 5 week Freshly subscription
- 10 days of paid bereavement leave
- We do not currently support any new sponsorship opportunities or sponsorship transfers for this role
Smartcar is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to reach out, in confidence, to mathilde@smartcar with how we can help make your interview process as comfortable as possible and how we can provide reasonable accommodations.
Apply to this job