Who we are
Zinier is a global company headquartered in San Mateo, California, with offices in Latin America, Singapore, Bengaluru, Australia, and Portugal and backed by leading investors including Accel Partners and Founders Fund.
Why we exist
Services shape how we live. Electricity lights up our homes. The Internet opens up our worlds. Cellular phones keep us connected no matter where we are. We take for granted the things we can turn on with the flip of a switch. But when even one of the services we depend on isn’t available, the day can quickly start to go sideways.
For organizations that provide these services, some of the most important work happens in the field — in neighborhoods, across open spaces, and along millions of last miles that criss-cross the country. Every moment of downtime matters, which is why Zinier exists. Zinier empowers organizations to work smarter — from the main office to the field — to solve problems quickly, fix things before they break, and keep people in the rhythm of their days.
To do this, Zinier has created a scalable platform powered by AI-driven insights and intelligent automation that helps field service teams work smarter, better, faster, and more efficiently. We help organizations automate routine tasks so the people in the field can focus on putting their expertise to work. We work with customers in telecom and energy.
Technical Support Engineer 2
Working Hours: 4PM - 1AM (IST), Remote Support
The Technical Support Engineer’s primary duties are to assist customers via Zendesk tickets. You will investigate issues and help provide a solution in a timely manner. Technical Support Engineers will have a deep understanding of the Zinier product and they work directly with internal teams to solve the most complex of technical issues. The Technical Support Engineer will need to be able to quickly assess and resolve complex problems across a broad range of Zinier offerings (e.g. web, mobile) and identify issues where complex enterprise-level integrations are concerned.
A Technical Support Engineer should be able to communicate clearly in both written and verbal communication. The Technical Support Engineer will be a strong listener who can drill deeper into a situation by asking the discerning questions of the team and customer to identify the root cause of issues and bring about a resolution. The Technical Support Engineer does require a strong competency with reading / editing code and/or have some programming/scripting experience, which is needed at this level of product investigation and expediting a fix or code change, should one be needed.
- Guide resolution of technical issues, including identification of root cause and issue resolution.
- Ensure customer issues are resolved as expediently as possible while exceeding customer expectations.
- Escalate the most impactful, important issues to the Technical Support Manager and appropriate internal teams.
- Author and review knowledge base content to promote support scalability and improve self-service capabilities.
- Provide feedback within the organization about issues that can be addressed before they impact our customers and product.
Required Skills and Attributes:
- 4-5 years in a technical role with customer technical support, system administration or a related customer-facing role supporting SaaS/PaaS applications.
- Knowledgeable in JSON, JAVA and familiarity with Postman.
- Experience developing and debugging client-side code using browser tools.
- Knowledge of troubleshooting techniques for mobile device platforms such as Android, Windows phone and iOS
- Comfortable using application logs, browser dev tools, and other tools to investigate issues.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills around technology.
- Tackle problems in technical systems with skill and accuracy.
- Troubleshoot quickly.
- Be self-directed and responsible in working on one’s own.
- Passionate about customer service.