UX Researcher (Contract, 3-6 months) *Remote
At Impira, we believe that technology can make the messy, monotonous, and complex melt away, creating space for meaningful work. And that’s our mission: to make work meaningful.
Our culture emphasizes transparency, empathy, accountability, curiosity, and continuous improvement. We believe that people do their best work with autonomy, trust, and support from their colleagues, and we encourage collaboration across and within departments and geographies. Our leaders empower their teams by providing transparent context, rolling up their sleeves, and coaching for long-term success.
Impira is building beautiful, powerful interfaces on top of its image and video data processing platform. Our goal is to expose the underlying machine learning and querying capabilities of our platform to non-technical users, enabling creative people to analyze visual information at scale. We’re an early stage company. We have traction with both enterprise and self-service customers, but are not yet satisfied with our level of product/market fit. You will be integral to those efforts.
As a user experience researcher contracting with the team for 3-6 months, you’ll be leading our efforts to understand our existing and potential customers. You will report to the CEO and collaborate with the product and go-to-market teams to help us drive product/market fit.
What you’ll do:
- Work with the CEO and product/go-to-market teams to define a handful of specific research initiatives conducted over a 3-6 month period.
- Conduct research to help us define our customers, products, and positioning in the market.
- Research end-customers and develop hypotheses about gaps both in the market and our product offering.
- Design studies that address both user behavior and attitudes.
- Generate insights that both fuel ideation and evaluate designs.
- Conduct research using a wide variety of qualitative methods, subset of quantitative methods (i.e. surveys), and interpret analysis through the lens of UX, HCI, and social science.
- Work cross-functionally with design, product management, engineering, and go-to-market teams. Partner with engineers, analysts, and other technical roles to create and share research.
- Adapt and lead research practices to meet team needs under the tight time frames of an early stage company.
- Synthesize and communicate research findings to inform business decisions and build an in-depth understanding of our customers and market positioning.
What we are looking for:
- 6+ years of experience as a user experience researcher.
- Experience conducting B2B research.
- Proven track record presenting to and influencing stakeholders, from other researchers and designers to senior executive management.
- Command of a set of qualitative and user-centered design methods.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and conduct research in close collaboration with people in a variety of roles, including design, engineering, go-to-market and product management.
- Knowledge of quantitative, behavioral analysis, and statistical concepts.
- Experience with survey research (questionnaire design, sampling, analysis).
- Ability to ask, as well as answer, meaningful and impactful questions.
- The drive to explore and define research opportunities throughout the company.
- A startup-player with experience (either full time or contract) at a seed or Series A company with a track-record of defining product/market fit.
- The ability to communicate is paramount.
- An up-to-date portfolio that demonstrates past experience, with a focus on product/market fit and driving business outcomes.
Impira is headquartered in San Francisco and has raised Series B funding from top institutional investors and industry leaders. Our investors and advisors are hands-on and work closely with us to achieve our growth ambitions.
To all recruitment agencies: Impira does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Impira employees. Impira is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with the Company.