Farmer’s Fridge is on a mission to make it simple for everyone to eat well. We serve healthy, handcrafted meals and snacks from our growing network of 400+ software-enabled vending machines that we refer to as smart Fridges, and a new direct-to-consumer business. We are striving to change the food system from the ground up – one Fridge or delivery at a time.
We are a team that cares -– about the business, the impact our product makes, and each other. We are data-driven, innovative, and quick to move on a good idea. We are looking for people who want to collaborate in an entrepreneurial, inclusive culture and have a passion to succeed.
We’re looking for an Operations Manager to support plant production by receiving, moving, storing and packing raw materials and finished goods. This person will manage the team that keeps our facility and equipment well maintained and in good working order.
A successful candidate for this role will be detail-oriented, humble, experienced in managing warehouse, inventory, and fulfillment operations, and passionate about continuous improvement of people and processes. This individual will have excellent verbal and written communication skills, be comfortable providing direct, actionable coaching and feedback, and open to receiving the same. We are a creative, cross-functional, and highly collaborative team, and this position will be looked to as a key leader to support all areas of operations in meeting their goals.
*This is a salaried position with a schedule of Sunday-Thursday from approximately 11am-7pm*
What You’ll Do:
- Oversee the team and processes that run all daily operations for warehouse, inventory, and fulfillment at our Production Facility
- Take pride in our facility maintenance, managing the team that keeps our building and equipment in excellent running condition
- Build a data driven team, focused on achieving operational KPIs
- Identify and implement new opportunities to improve accuracy, and efficiency in support of business goals
- Manage to budget, understanding how to leverage overhead with scale
- Drive communication and coordination across shifts and between facility functional areas
- Model and foster safety leadership culture
- Hire, train, coach, schedule, and ensure engagement of fulfillment and warehouse associates, shift leads and supervisors
Who You Are:
- A strong people manager with 10 years of work experience and 3-5 years of experience managing both hourly and salaried teams in a manufacturing setting
- Technically proficient with Microsoft Office and Google Suite (Sheets, Docs, Slides, and asset management programs)
- Experienced managing a budget, as you'll be accountable for indirect costs at our facility
- Detail-oriented with the proven ability to identify problems and communicate effectively to mitigate mistakes
- A leader with formal Project Management skills and use of Project Management platforms like Asana or Smartsheet
- Experienced working with and/or implementing ERP, WMS, or other inventory management systems
- Certified in/experienced with 5S
- Experienced with general warehouse equipment or willing to become certified (forklift, pallet jack, sky jack)
- Experienced with inbound inventory quality and Pick Pack operations
- Possessing a basic understanding of maintenance principles and practices
Benefits at Farmer's Fridge:
Happier Weekdays - Walking into the facility should fill you with joy, not dread. We're a fun and passionate group, and we don't take ourselves too seriously. Bring your unique self to work, dress comfortably, and always feel free to share your thoughts and opinions. We encourage curiosity and inquiry; there's no hierarchy here when we're all swapping ideas.
During your break - Never run on empty by enjoying daily Farmer’s Fridge meals, challenging a coworker to a game of ping pong, de-stressing by taking a spin on our Nascar arcade game, or spending your break on one of our comfy couches.
Innovate & Elevate - We're all teachers and learners. You'll grow, and help grow the company through cross-functional collaboration, open access to leadership, and regular business updates. You have a direct impact on the company’s bottom line. You can also impact your bottom line participating in our 401(k) plan that includes a company match with immediate vesting.
Farmer’s Fridge is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
View our disclosures related to External Agencies and Applicants below: https://www.farmersfridge.com/careerdisclosures
Typically includes :
- Recruiter Phone Interview
- Hiring Manager Phone Interview
- On-site/Zoom Interview (Meeting with a few team members and cross-functional teams members). Will usually include discussing a case study or coding exercise prepared in advance.