Welcome Aboard Diversity Scholarship
The Welcome Aboard Diversity Scholarship promotes diversity in technology through a scholarship program for individuals identifying themselves as Black/African American, Hispanic or Latino, Native North American and Pacific Islander students. The scholarship award recognizes and encourages the academic achievements of full-time undergraduate students pursuing a degree that may lead to a career in technology.
About Welcome Aboard
Created and run by diverse founders, Welcome Aboard wants to improve the job search experience while increasing diversity in early stage startups. We see candidates, not as job seekers but as ‘purpose seekers’; and we go above and beyond to match the best candidates with startups who share similar visions, missions and company culture.
Welcome Aboard is combating career board stereotypes by providing all of the background knowledge job seekers want and need to know to find the career and company they are most likely to thrive with. As part of our mission, we focus on finding inclusive startups within the tech industry who exhibit great traits of culture, diversity, leadership and an exciting mission.
By financing this scholarship, we’re hoping to play a small part in providing greater opportunities for diverse young graduates to join early stage startups.
More information : https://welcomeaboard.io/startups
- Enrolling as or enrolled as a full-time undergraduate student at a U.S. accredited educational institution.
- Identify as American Indian or Alaska Native or Indigenous, Asian, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latino, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander
- Students attending an accredited online university are welcome to apply.
Required Application Details
- Please write a 500-1,000 word essay describing your sociocultural background, your relevant life experiences and circumstances, and how you see them relating to this scholarship. For example, what does it mean for you (and your community) to get this degree? What makes you an ideal candidate for this scholarship? How would this scholarship relieve financial obstacles at this time?
- Please submit proof of enrollment or an acceptance letter to an accredited learning institution. We will accept a recent transcript, acceptance letter, or tuition bill.
Please submit your application via the Welcome Aboard form linked below.
How to Apply
Please use the form link to submit your information to apply: 2021 Welcome Aboard Form
- Full Name
- Email Address
- College or University Name
- College or University Mailing Address
- Proof of Enrollment – Transcripts, tuition receipt, or acceptance letter will be accepted. Please submit as .jpeg, .pdf, or .doc
- Essay answering the above questions. Please submit as .pdf or .doc
- Confirmation and acceptance of the terms and conditions
All applications must be submitted by September 30th , 2021.
All applicants will be notified via email by October 30, 2021.
Additional Scholarship Details
- Scholarship recipient(s) will be selected on the basis of academic performance, character essay, personal or family circumstances and demonstrated willingness to pursue a career in technology.
- Questions about the Welcome Aboard Scholarship can be directed to email@example.com
- The scholarship funds provided by Welcome Aboard will be sent via check to the college or university. Funds are to be applied to qualified college expenses (including tuition, fees, books, and on-campus room and board) for the current academic year.
By submitting an application, we are granted permission to send applicants information regarding their application only, via their submitted email address.
No applicants will be contacted regarding anything other than their application.
The winner will be asked if they will grant Welcome Aboard permission to post their name, school, photo (if submitted), and their essay on www.WelcomeAboard.io or in other marketing communications relating to the scholarship program.
We will remove any information pertaining to applicants at their request.
All information (proof of enrollment, essays, and email) relating to applicants is destroyed as soon as a winner is announced.
Terms & Conditions
All submitted photos and essays must be original work of the applicant. Only one submission may be entered per student, per year. Duplicate entries will be disqualified. All scholarships are non-renewable. By submitting an application to Welcome Aboard, you certify that all the information you have provided is original, accurate, and complete.
- Use their name, photo, and college or university in announcements or articles (i.e. social media, newsletter, etc.) issued by Welcome Aboard.
- Post the applicant’s name, photo, and college or university on the Welcome Aboard website.
- Email information to the applicant regarding their application.
- Winners will be notified via email, and announced publicly, as well as on Welcome Aboard social media pages.